Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,423   Posts: 1,596,725   Online: 813

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamyia Polaroid back with Fuji film

Hello,

Can Fuji instant FP films be used into Mamiya RBproS Polaroid back?

Thanks.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use FP polaroid film in my RZ polaroid back so I don't see any problems using this film in an RB back.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mamiya never made those backs, so they should all be the same film format, just a different size fiberoptic plate and a different mount.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yep - FP100C etc. work fine in the Mamiya RB polaroid back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Mamiya never made those backs, so they should all be the same film format, just a different size fiberoptic plate and a different mount.
    Fiberoptic plate?!
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    As everyone else said - yes, it works fine.

To offer an opinion, the Fuji film looks a lot better than the Polaroid - with any luck, there'll be a replacement for the 50 series coming.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, at least for the Mamiya 7 it uses a very interesting fiber optic plate. Looks like a piece of glass, but if you shine a focused light through it, you'll start to see that it is very tightly packed glass fibers to conduct the light from the film plane, way back to where the instant film is kept on the holder. TRhe fibers are stacked in a hexagonal arrangement which they have a patent for (but the name of the manufacturer still escapes me). Obviously resolution is limited to the number of fibers per inch. There was some inforamtion on this on their website (manufacturer not Mamiya) that I found very interesting.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Yes, at least for the Mamiya 7 it uses a very interesting fiber optic plate. Looks like a piece of glass, but if you shine a focused light through it, you'll start to see that it is very tightly packed glass fibers to conduct the light from the film plane, way back to where the instant film is kept on the holder. TRhe fibers are stacked in a hexagonal arrangement which they have a patent for (but the name of the manufacturer still escapes me). Obviously resolution is limited to the number of fibers per inch. There was some inforamtion on this on their website (manufacturer not Mamiya) that I found very interesting.
    How odd!

I can confirm that the RB67 back uses nothing like this whatsoever ;-)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe NPC made a similar back for the Nikon F2. It needed the fiberoptics to get the image to the film plane since it was actually outside the camera body.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, NPC was the company, thanks.

Must be that the RB/RZ have enough distance between where the back attaches and where the focus is located that they don't need the fiber optics. That should make those backs extremely cheap since it is then just a few rollers and a rectangular container.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all.

Me too remember NPC made (still make?) Polaroid backs for 35mm cameras. I know for sure there were back for EOS3, because I thought once to get it, but price told me not to

I think they made backs for all "pro" and "semi-pro" cameras which were on market about 10 years ago.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin