Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,667   Online: 899

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KEH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

KEH

I bought a Teleconverter for my RB67 from KEH which was rated EX and it appears to be new and has both caps which also appear to be new. $49.00 and the optics are great. I have one for my Mamiya 645 and can remember only using it once but since I have a 180mm lens for the RB and don't expect to get more lenses, I have the 90mm and the 180mm, I thought I would try it with the 180mm to get 360mm. Anyone use one of these on an RB?

BTW they are back on line.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I thought I would try it with the 180mm to get 360mm. Anyone use one of these on an RB?
    No, but I'm looking forward to your report.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, the C 360mm lenses are pretty inexpensive, you might just pick one up. 180+ 2x TC is probably fine, but... notice that the >180 lenses can also be had in apo form. IMHO the finest RB lens is the 210 KL apo; I haven't tried it with the 2x TC ( I have the kenko 2x) but it's probably a good solution for travel. The 180 KL, I don't know, I have it but I haven't tried it with the 2x. Might be fine, you have to decide for yourself.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    lol, no, this one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's much much less cash isn't it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Indeed, you could fly to the UK first class for much less than the difference....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    K. E. H. Incorporated.

It is somewhat embarrassing to admit this, but last December, KEH sent to me a Christmas card. That might be an indicator of where they stand in my effort to reassemble the collection of equipment that I had before and during the period when I was married.

It is interesting how things can just "disappear" when you get "unmarried." Suddenly having some 14 inch long pieces of paper handed to you at work that say that you cannot go home any more is a sobering and discouraging experience. I was told that I could not even drive on the street in front of the house. Some friends did talk about the yard sales that took place.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, N7KGA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is somewhat embarrassing to admit this, but last December, KEH sent to me a Christmas card. That might be an indicator of where they stand in my effort to reassemble the collection of equipment that I had before and during the period when I was married.

It is interesting how things can just "disappear" when you get "unmarried." Suddenly having some 14 inch long pieces of paper handed to you at work that say that you cannot go home any more is a sobering and discouraging experience. I was told that I could not even drive on the street in front of the house. Some friends did talk about the yard sales that took place.
    Jeez Ralph, I'm sorry to hear that, are you now one of the never to get married again group? What advise would you give to some of us out here?

I hope you can pick up the pieces and get going again.

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ho, Curt;

Thank you for the nice thoughts. Yes, I think I have finally recovered. I did say that I had established this interesting working relationship with KEH. I spoke with the salesman I usually contact, and he did say that I had been one of his best customers. Yes, that is why they sent to me the Christmas card.

A few years back, I never thought that I would be able to make this statement, but I can: There is life after child support. My last child was worth $ 756 per month. In looking back, I made a lot of money; I just did not get to spend very much money while my children were at home. I remember when he left the home, and my first paycheck came through with all of it intact. Oddly enough, the feeling was one of relief. It was finally over. I had survived. Not totally unscathed, but I did survive. 20 years of trying to deal with the Office of Support Enforcement were finally over. Now I have replaced most of the things that were gone, but not all. I have even acquired some of the things I wanted earlier, but could not afford then. Some of the books are no longer available. The negatives and photographs and similar things are irreplaceable. This is reality in the Domestic Relations Division of the Superior Court System of this State. What did I learn from that 20 years plus the time in Court? "If you have indoor plumbing, you can't do anything wrong. If you have outdoor plumbing, you can't do anything right."

What suggestions can I offer to others to help prevent them from getting into a similar situatiion? I am not sure. Remember, I did not succeed in this endeavor, so I am not sure that I can offer any effective counsel. I fought it for four and one-half years, but I did fail. I really made some winners very happy from the income they gained. The "winners?" Most people call them lawyers. I got to pay several. My main one bought a new GMC 4WD Suburban for his wife with my payments.

Am I in the "never to get married again group?" Well, there are a couple of things here. I do not think that there is a rational woman alive in the United States who would seriously take on a man with an existing child support obligation, if she considers what could happen to her own resources by establishing a state recognized linkage to him. While here they say that they will not attach her income and assets, they have been known to say that he was actually being supported by her, so they increased his child support obligation from the normal 50 % standard maximum of his paycheck to 85 %. My social life has been altered. It is not the same. Now that I have reached the retirement years, there does not seem to be as much of a feeling of need to be married. Then there is still the horrible financial and credit record I acquired from all of those years. If I did get married, yes, it would affect the credit rating of the woman also.

One of the benefits is that during that time period, I did learn to live very frugally.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin