Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,603   Online: 1121

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

127 Film Day Worldwide July 12th

I see that July 12th (next Saturday) is 127 Day. The people at

www.onetwoseven.uk.org

are asking for a couple photographs shot on 127 film to be submitted to their website gallery along with a picture of the 127 size camera. More information can be found at:

www.secalisdesign.co.uk/127day/upload.html

I have a folding Goldi that I will use (my father's camera from WWII) & also my very first camera - a Kodak Baby Brownie - that I might try (that camera has not been used in 50 years).

Hope some of you out there might find this project interesting.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sorry...that website should be:

www.onetwoseven.org.uk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "Where to buy film for 2005"

Is this site current?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Go to the onetwoseven site & find the correct link in the forum. I think I copied it right but didn't work for me either when I tried it. It will work from their website.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It took some digging on the site:

http://www.secalisdesign.co.uk/127day/Upload.html
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can anyone tell me the length of 127 films? A few weeks ago in a camera swap meet I picked up two film reels that I believe are for 127 films. They hold about 2 feet long of 46mm width films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtjade2007 View Post
    Can anyone tell me the length of 127 films? A few weeks ago in a camera swap meet I picked up two film reels that I believe are for 127 films. They hold about 2 feet long of 46mm width films.
    I haven't shot 127 since the 1960s, but as I recall, one got 12 4x4cm negatives on a roll. So, 12 x 4 = 48 cm plus spacing between the negs and a bit of leader probably rounds out around 60 cm which is about 2 feet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I found the answer. The two reels are indeed for 127 films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, Dave. We must be typing at the same time. I did not see your post before posting mine. Yes, based on the number of frames of 127 format its length should be around 2 feet. The reels I got are indeed for about two feet of films. I was surprised by how short they are. Now I guess I accidentally added to my capacity of developing 127 films, two rolls at a time. I have a JOBO Autolab processor. I need reels for films of 46 mm width but at least two more feet long. I probably have to modify my Jobo 1501 reels to do that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    plastic Patterson reels can be adjusted to take 127 film too.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin