Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,266   Online: 877

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

7 Hasselblad bodies on the Bay

Just gauging interest from anyone wanting a hasselblad body. On E'Bay is an auction for 7 Hasselblad bodies! :- http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-Seven-7-H...QQcmdZViewItem

I was wondering whether fellow APUG'ers might be interested in collaborating on this auction? I do not need 7 spare bodies, but know I could use a spare black finished body and WLF so I dibs that black one in the middle picture with WLF attached. I figure that if we had enough folks this might be doable?

I also do not need the 150mm lense as I already have one.

So who needs to get into a Blad system at a reasonable amount, a 150mm lens, and who needs a spare body?

I figure that most 500 C and C/M bodies go used for between $200 and $300, on the high end with a WLF. The ELM body will be cheaper usually. as well. As for the 150mm, I would say between $500 and $600 tops.

Anyone intersted in collaborating?
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hmm, Listed in category: Cameras & Photo > Film Cameras > 35mm SLR > Nikon > Other

I think that may limit his exposure a bit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Just gauging interest from anyone wanting a hasselblad body...
    Out of curiousity, I visted that e-bay site ... I think there would have to be somewhat more of a description than, "I tried winding the shutters (with or without a lens installed? - ES) and four of them WORKED!!!"
    Then modifyng that statement even further with, "But I don't know anything about MF cameras anyway."

Not really unusual for "the bay" .... but, IMHO. damned thin assurance that these would justify a $1250 - or even a $125 gamble.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    .....I figure that most 500 C and C/M bodies go used for between $200 and $300, on the high end with a WLF. The ELM body will be cheaper usually. as well. As for the 150mm, I would say between $500 and $600 tops.......
    Plan on spending an additional 1200-1500 for a CLA and repair, and this isn't such a good deal. I would purchase one from a responsible dealer with some kind of guarantee.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Junk, all junk. Maybe get them, tear them down and make some fine Art sculpture and sell that to some rich Hesse owner for a hundred thousand, then buy some nice Large Format equipment and photograph around the World for a year.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of the 7, it seems that only 4 are known to be functional. Even allowing for the 150 lens it comes out to 200+ for each functioning camera. Seems like an OK deal, but not extraordinary.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Notice the US Government Property sticker on the lens. And if my hunch is right the little DOE stands for Department of Energy. I bet these have never been used, or maybe used one single time and they were bought for pennies at a government auction. The starting price is still way too high though, the guy should start them out at $100 and see what happens, probably still make a profit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Notice the US Government Property sticker on the lens. And if my hunch is right the little DOE stands for Department of Energy. I bet these have never been used, or maybe used one single time and they were bought for pennies at a government auction. The starting price is still way too high though, the guy should start them out at $100 and see what happens, probably still make a profit.
    The seller says the lot is from a government auction. I used to look at those on occasion but never any photo gear near me. I have seen a lot available in the Norfolk area and the seller does say item located in VA. Hard to say what condition they really may be in - he should at least offer a return policy. At $800 it might be worth a risk, but not at $1250. And, as a group purchase, who gets the one or 2 that might be working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd definitely be in for the 150... if you want a little financial muscle behind the bids.. looking a bit high now though maybe...

what's all this pussy talk about condition. I've bought blad bodies sight unseen before - without even a picture - and they've been just FINE...! A little TRUST, people...!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is no trust on ebay, especially from a short time seller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin