Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,207   Online: 920

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Yes they dropped that Auto-mat function. Which I am glad of. I feel much more confident the FX is going to stop at frame #1 after I line up the arrows than I do with the feeler roll which has blasted right through whole rolls enough to make me worry every time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for all the useful suggestions, one question which models take interchangle screens.

Remember that the Tessar in the T was recomputed at the same time as that in the Contaflex. It is an excellent lens with a different signature to both the previous Tessars and the Planars.
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Own a Rolleiflex T and cannot complain about it, itīs small and lightweight. I think itīs the best Rollei you can get for small money.
    Its exp-time-aperture-coupling is something one should get used to, indeed. The Rolleicord isnīt worse but itīs shutter isnīt
    coupled with the film transport, so you have to think of setting both before taking pictures. I didnīt buy it back then because
    I was shure I would forget either

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    eddym
    What I ment to say was "If I were in the market for another Rolleiflex, or any other camera, I'd..... Sorry for the confusion.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lindyhopper View Post
    Thanks for all the useful suggestions, one question which models take interchangle screens.
    I believe that interchangeable screens can be fitted to the cameras with removable hoods, which are all the F's plus the E2 and E3.

Gary,
    East Snook, TX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Resoman View Post
    I believe that interchangeable screens can be fitted to the cameras with removable hoods, which are all the F's plus the E2 and E3.

Gary,
    East Snook, TX
    And the T's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know what model Rolleiflex I have, but it has a Tessar lens. I can honestly not tell a difference in image quality between it and my 80mm Planar that's on my Hasselblad. Sanders is right, they are all truly excellent cameras and all of them have excellent lenses.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    Own a Rolleiflex T and cannot complain about it, itīs small and lightweight. I think itīs the best Rollei you can get for small money.
    Its exp-time-aperture-coupling is something one should get used to, indeed.
    That was a feature that I LOVED about my Rollei T! I used a Gossen Luna Pro meter, and it was just so simple to read the exposure index from the meter, set it on the camera, then choose a shutter speed/aperture combination that was most appropriate for the circumstances. It helped me learn about exposure.

I was disappointed when I later bought a 2.8F and learned that it had the two wheels instead.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I had the Rollei T for a number of years... not sure why I sold it since it was a great camera.
    Now I use the GX.... very happy but they're not giving them away.

-Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin