Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,391   Online: 672

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Do 645 cameras need a special film carriers when printing, or do I just crop the image when making the enlargement?

Jamusu.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    645 negatives print well to 8X10 and similar formats with little cropping. You can use a 6X6, 6X7, or 6X9 negative holder, but it is far better to get a 645 negative holder to limit the spray of light from areas you aren't printing. You could also make a black paper mask fro the larger negative holder.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Congratulations!

What a coincidence. I also bought a Pentax 645 (the II version) recently, and for the last five days, I've been shooting with it. I LOVE the camera! The viewfinder is so bright, and what a treat it is to have some automatic functions - like the film rewinds automatically after it's done.

I only have the 120mm macro lens at the moment, but what a lens!! I would recommend this one for portraiture as well - it also allows for some very closeups, like if you like to capture eyelashes of young children, etc., you can get in really close and do so.

I shot 6 rolls in the last few days (portraiture) but have not had a chance to develop them yet (can't wait). I actually used a handheld meter as for me, it is the easiest to use when it comes to portraiture and getting the skin tones right. I also am used to manual focus - with the viewfinder so big and bright, it's especially pleasant!

Please share your results once you have your negs developed!
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Shooter
    35mm
    Congrats Macy!

Jamusu.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    645 negatives print well to 8X10 and similar formats with little cropping. You can use a 6X6, 6X7, or 6X9 negative holder, but it is far better to get a 645 negative holder to limit the spray of light from areas you aren't printing. You could also make a black paper mask fro the larger negative holder.
    How hard are they to find. How are masks made for other negative carriers?

Jamusu.

Shooter
    35mm
    Developed another roll of film. I truly love the format of this film. It is kind of like a mixture between 35mm and medium format. Can't wait to make some prints.

Jamusu.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've an original 645 with a 75mm lens. It's one of the best cameras i've ever used. I'd go with the 150 for portraits but the 75mm lens is one of the best i've ever used. It focuses close and is sharp, contrasty. Has a great look. The meter on that camera is outstanding and the interface is fantastic. It is so quick to operate. Some hate the chiclet buttons but I love them.

I also use a 6x7 carrier to print 645 and 66. I'd love a mask but am too lazy. Maybe I should get on that..

Shooter
    35mm
    Phillip.

Did you intend to end your sentence in such a manner? If so I am a bit confused as to what you meant.

Jamusu.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hm? I haven't made a mask yet for printing 645 on a 67 carrier and my results are pretty good. You could cut out a 645-sized rectangle into a piece of thin black cardboard or similar and place it over or under your negative carrier to block the light out. Helps to block out the extra light which can affect the contrast I guess. Sorry if I confused you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogs View Post
    Congratulations!

- like the film rewinds automatically after it's done.
    Do you really mean that like a 35mm camera the film is rewound backwards from whence it came or are you simply saying that after taking the last pic it winds on to completion automatically?

A genuine rewind function would be good as this would allow a mid roll rewind, film change and then replacement of part used film and wind back to the frame last taken. In other words the Pentax answer to Mamiya's removable back with darkslides. I am giving the P645 some serious thought and in trying to make a choice, it's about the only drawback to the P645 compared to Mamiya or Bronica.

Alas as I understand it, a rewind isn't possible but if it is then let me know. Thanks

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin