Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,730   Posts: 1,515,254   Online: 828

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Mamiya 645 accessories interchangeable?

I have been looking at possibly buying a 645J kit, and have been checking Fleabay and a few other pickpocket places to price accessories for the 645J. Virtually everything I find is listed as being for the 645 PRO. Do both of these cameras share an interchangeability of accessories, or do I need to be careful to buy only accessories specifically designated for use with the 645J?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Pro is a different beast, so I doubt there is any interchangeability. You're looking for accessories relating to the 645M series of cameras. I have a 1000s model and love it.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lenses are interchangeable.

Just about anything else that will work with the 645 Super or Pro or Pro Tl or 645E won't work with a 645J.

You may find, however, that some of the accessories for some of the other, older models will work with the 645J.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks, guys, info like this will help me avoid throwing money into stuff that I can't use! I wish I had a book that describes all the Mamiya models and what works with what . . . somewhat like the flea market Hassy book I picked up some time back. I have been looking for an article or web site that describes the various 645 models, older and newer, gives their medel designations, and tells what accessories fit what bodies.

banana, I have seen the model 1000 mentioned, too. How does it fit in with models designated as 645whatever?

EuGene

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    All the the accessories that fit the J will work with the 645 and 645 1000 models. The Super and Pro use something different, but I can't speak to the specifics of those two because I've never owned either. I can say that I first owned a 645J and that I replaced it with the 645 1000 and everything I moved from the J worked fine on it. The bodies are exactly the same with the exception of features.

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks, Randy, for some more useful info. I certainly don't expect to become an expert on Mamiyas, but I do want to learn enough to avoid the mess I got my naive self into about 15 yeard ago when I didn't know the differences between the various Omega Rapid and Rapid Omega models.

EuGene

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Model 645, 645J, 1000s share all common parts between them, but will not work with any Super, Pro, ProTL accessories save the film inserts. The manual focus lenses will work on all of the bodies including the AF bodies (without coupling the meter or of course AF operation).

There are 3 prism finders for the first generation bodies (two metered), and a waist level finder. One left hand grip (with release trigger). One power winder (noisey beast). 120 inserts. 220 inserts. Auto macro tubes (works with gen1 and gen2 bodies). Macro bellows. 5 Mamiya focus screens.

Somehow the macro bellows is different from what they recommend for the generation 2 bodies, but I'm not at all sure why. May have something to do the the remote release connections. The 1000s differs from the 645, and 645J in that it goes up to 1/1000 as the fastest shutter speed.

I have a 1000s, and a Super, and Pro body and accessories for both systems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are there any manual focus lenes the will not work on a 645 AFD? I'd like to get a few more primes and I'm not enamored of the prices I've seen for the AFD lenses. Plus I find I like shooting in manual mode more because the AF lacks the snappy response I'm used to from my EOS cameras.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    SInce I don't have one of the AF, hard to really say. But it was supposed to be compatible with the previous lens mount, so they should all work with the limitations mentioned. Too bad they didn't bother to make a way for the meter to couple with the MF lenses, wouldn't have been that hard to accomplish.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The M645j, 1000S, etc. received three lug bayonet mount Sekor C lenses.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin