Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,628   Online: 748

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sold the Hasselblad years ago.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    No way. Not for me. I have a C33 now and I have not ever looked back. To me, it is far superior to the Rollei in every way.
    I believe this syndrome is called Habromania..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I must admit that for years I took my Rollei T everywhere. I bought a few Rollei 3,5f's and mamiya C330s in my day but I thought they were always heavier than the 'T'. The 'T' also had a very simple exposure value scale that was fool proof. Sadly, I haven't used it for a few years or more - I thought I could have made a comeback to film recently but its just way too expensive nowadays.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have both (o.k. lots of both) but if I could just keep one it would be my Rolleicord.

Steve.
    I must side with Steve here as I too have gone through just about every "system camera" known to man, and still have a cupboard full of most of them. I've settled on a Rollei and use my legs if I want a wide angle shot.

Note to self: don't buy a house with cupboards.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    Note to self: don't buy a house with cupboards.
    If I could build my ideal house it would have no flat horizontal surfaces. It seems that every surface in my house becomes a shelf to put something on.
    Sometimes we need a major tidying up session just to find the dining room table.

I think we need more cupboards!

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 07-22-2008 at 05:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No... Ever since I got my Hasselblad, the Rolleicord sits on the shelf. I just love how the Hasselblad handles.

My Rollei does a lot of shelf time these days. Hasselblad is much more versatile for my needs and has become my primary camera system. I won't sell the Rollei, though. My kids need to have the Rollei experience (and it will keep their hands off my 'Blad.)

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear about your stolen camera, Ian.

My serial is nowhere that I can see, actually. Perhaps if I unscrew the bottom plate?

If it is yours, you can have it...that would just be *too* weird.

But mine is 220 capable, which not all were, and has the 220 back.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip P. Dimor View Post

I've also come to the conclusion that I only need one lens.
    A popular and well-proven stance; whether with a Rollei, a crown graphic or a 35mm with a fixed lens I can't think of an occasion that such a limitation has stopped me from taking a photo. The camera I most use is a fuji GW690 with a fixed 90mm lens, usually the mantra 'less is more' is true. However, there are times when the ability to swap lenses is required. For me that's shooting landscapes on LF, it is not always possible to move and re-setup.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2F/2F - not after your camera - my insurance company paid out years ago - I went Mamiya 645 instead, took an awful lot of arguing, but after they realised the premiums our family paid per annum dwarfed their pay-out they just made an ex-gratia payment That meant they didn't accept liability but would pay up anyway........

My C33 was a great camera, I had a 55mm lens as well as the 80mm, they are usually very reliable, but I had a body fail at a wedding, I can't remember now if it was the C3 or C33 but it was the wind mechanism. This was the most common repair to C series Mamiya's.

Ian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin