Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,412   Online: 759

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I know. But stranger things have happened!

On my fourth roll through the C33, my wind mechanism failed to stop at the right point. The repair person from whom I had bought it fixed it free of charge. There had been a missing screw or something.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, I had a Rollei ,sold it and bought a Mamiya TLR system ( poor man's Hasselblad) more than twenty years ago and have never regretted it, I shoot mainly portraits,I needed a short telephoto to give the right perspective for head and shoulder, and tight head shots the 135mm and 180 lenses I find are ideal.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    No, I had a Rollei ,sold it and bought a Mamiya TLR system ( poor man's Hasselblad) more than twenty years ago and have never regretted it, I shoot mainly portraits,I needed a short telephoto to give the right perspective for head and shoulder, and tight head shots the 135mm and 180 lenses I find are ideal.
    Which is why the Almighty
    gave us the Tele Rolleiflex
    and its 135/4 Zeiss Sonnar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Which is why the Almighty
    gave us the Tele Rolleiflex
    and its 135/4 Zeiss Sonnar."

...which is why whatever the Japanese call the Almighty(s) gave us Mamiya: so we could still afford to eat after shooting with a telephoto lens...and then put the normal back on...or a wide...or a wider wide...or two longer telephotos...or a slightly shorter telephoto...or that same slightly shorter telephoto with depth of field preview
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Depth of field preview? Does the Mamiya TLR have a lens with depth of field preview? I have a depth of field preview gadget I carry with my Rollei... it is a soft plastic lens cap I found to fit the viewing lens and I carved a f8.5 size hole in it. It works great.

The Rolleiflex has a sharp enough lens that you can crop down enough to give a portrait telephoto affect. Amazing how the older Rollei Teles have kept their nearly affordable value on ebay. I have seen a couple go for around a thousand and one for 800 that had me biting my nails.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    Does the Mamiya TLR have a lens with depth of field preview?
    Yes, there was one. My father's friend has one. I don't fully recall the details at the moment but I think it was either 105mm or 135mm with an iris in the viewing lens.

EDIT: A quick search shows that it was the 105mm DS (double stop?).

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 07-24-2008 at 08:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My only MF camera is a TLR Rollei with a tessar 75mm f3.5.
    I will keep it forever.

JC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I sold a Hasselblad system and bought a Rolleiflex 2.8f. I have yet to regret the decision. I find myself taking my camera out more, which has resulted in less missed shots. It is a lot of fun to use.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    No, not me. I have both a Rolleiflex 2.8F and a Hasselblad with a 50, 80 and 150, and I have to admit that the former sits on a shelf (thinking of selling actually since I never use it!). The hassey is a much more useful and versatile camera for my purposes. I could never quite get used to the TLR.
    Macy
    Just trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have not exactly abandoned my Hasselblad 501c "system". I have the 80mm and 50mm lenses, 3 A12 film backs, and the Kiev eye level finder. However 90% of the time when I want to shoot square I reach for my well worn Rollei 2.8E. Loading, composing and shooting with the Rollei is simplicity itself.

The 10% of time is when I need the 50mm Distagon on the Hasselblad. But loading those A12 filmbacks, pulling the darkslide etc. can be a royal pain.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin