Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,977   Online: 970

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hehehe ... driving on sand isn't as easy as it looks. But yeah, I have to agree, Namibia's pretty photogenic...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kavandje View Post
    Hehehe ... driving on sand isn't as easy as it looks. But yeah, I have to agree, Namibia's pretty photogenic...
    Yes. After my initial humiliation I developed a strategy of driving as fast as possible when on sand to avoid getting stuck. On the way to Sossusvlei we picked up a couple of Dutch girls who were hitchhiking. I don't think they we quite prepared for the experience of my driving. They were in the back of the Landrover, nearly hitting the roof with each bump. At one point we rounded a corner and an oryx came from nowhere. I slammed on the brakes at a fast speed with the oryx just inches from the front bumper. Those things are fast and it managed to get away unscathed. I am sure those girls have some thoughts about "American drivers."
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Heh.

The trick to driving on sand seems to consist in driving like a maniac with considerable finesse.

Wildlife certainly spices things up, and the distractions offered by a vehicle full of shrieking girls just add to the fun. Or something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin