Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,641   Online: 1005

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Small Hasselblad question...

I am looking into purchasing a step up adapter for my B60 lenses and wonder if I am doing the right thing purchasing the B60-62mm since I have a number of 62mm filters purchased for my Nikon gear or should I be going with the B60-67mm, a size that I only have a couple on hand and plan on expanding that base?

Are there technical reasons for making one selection over the other? Vignetting with the 62mm filters?

Thanks!

-Fred

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Go onto ebay and buy one of each ring for about $10 each. Then decide.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Aspen View Post
    I am looking into purchasing a step up adapter for my B60 lenses and wonder if I am doing the right thing purchasing the B60-62mm since I have a number of 62mm filters purchased for my Nikon gear or should I be going with the B60-67mm, a size that I only have a couple on hand and plan on expanding that base?
    Fred,

62 mm filters are indeed too small.
    The bayonet 60 mount is the same size as 67 mm thread filters. And you do need a bayonet 60 to 67 mm adapter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, Q.G., I think I knew what the answer would be. Would've been nice to put those 62mm filters to work.

-Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fred...

There's lots of wide angle lenses as well as telephotos that take 67mm threads. It's far more common than the 62mm threads and easier to find. I can get just about any colour TIffen or Hoya filter in 67mm on ebay for about $5-15 each. If you're shooting Hasselblad and get the 50mm lens, then you'll be pretty livid that you went with 62mm.

....Jordan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I hope QG don't think this is some vendetta (it seems today we are a bit different in our answers), but indeed I had the same issue regarding a huge amount of nikon 62mm filters, first I bought the B60/67mm and then one B60/62mm to try.

Well, I use all my Nikon 62mm filters and haven't noticed any technical issues on my negatives, clear and crisp, do what you feel is correct, this is just my feedback on the issue.

Cheers

André
    Last edited by André E.C.; 07-28-2008 at 04:17 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Correction.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    I hope QG don't think this is some vendetta (
    Not at all, André
    62 mm filters will work with some bayonet 60 lenses. 67 mm filters will work on all bayonet 60 lenses.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin