Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,910   Posts: 1,630,703   Online: 1111

Shooter
    Medium Format

Back in Business

Well I came across a Rollei T today for just under $300 USD hopefully this one won't show up broken.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f963_1.JPG   000e_1.JPG   01ee_1.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks like it is in decent shape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pretty camera
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks in great shape! Good luck with this one.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah I got it off the Bay. Interesting story that makes it so much better; I received an email from the seller who turns out to be a 76 year old woman who is an artist and bought the camera when she was young an newly married. She said that she had a really hard time putting it on Ebay but realized that it was time to let go. I told her that I would be giving it a good home and would care for it like she has all these years. She did mention that she hasn't used it in probably 15 or 20 years so I imagine a good CLA is in order however from the pictures it looks rather nice as far as the exterior goes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So, you must have it by now -- how's it work?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by reverend jay View Post
    She did mention that she hasn't used it in probably 15 or 20 years so I imagine a good CLA is in order
    Not necessarily. I was given an Agfa Isolette I, several years ago that had belonged to a friend's deceased brother. It had literally been found amongst his things. It hadn't been used or even as much as opened for about 40 yrs. The film still inside it was developed and the shots were able to be dated to ascertain its last use!

No sticking focus/distance control, all speeds and apertures working and no holes in the bellows or light leaks.

So it could be just fine. Little old ladies and preservation of fine artefacts go together. Well all except cars and the little old lady from Pasadena!

Best of luck with it.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Rollei that lived in the rafters of a house in RI from probably the mid 60's to a few years ago. It needed nothing when i got it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Merritt View Post
    So, you must have it by now -- how's it work?
    It looks like it has never been used, I took it out the other day and shot a roll. It performed great and everything works as it should. I will probably develop the negs next week when I get some time so hopefully they look good. Otherwise I am very happy with the camera

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin