Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,555   Online: 998

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya 6 RF questions

I've a 'new' Mamiya 6 [nonMF version] and 75mm lens and after a very short while I am just so happy with this camera.

I've been reading about changing lenses and knocking off the focusing. And because I'll shortly add a 50mm lens to the kit, I'm a bit worried about this statement.

Can any of you folks that have a 6 tell me if this issue is something to worry about?

Thanks

Fintan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Never heard of this issue nor experienced it. The thing to remember, of course, is that there is a curtain which must be closed in order to switch lenses. I suppoose if one forgot that and torqued the lens like a great ape.... hypothetically, then, damage could result!

You'll love the 50.

My advice is, if you see another 6 or 6MF body then pick it up, you might need a winder or something in a few years.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Holga
    What keithwms said!
    I have the 6 with the lenses you mention and even though I use the 50 the most, I do change frequently. Never have I experienced this problem, nor have I heard of it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also have the 6 - it is a great camera. I have never had a focusing problem with it.
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Don't know who wrote that changing lenses knocks off rangefinder focus. I've never had that problem with my Mamiya 7 system. The 6 system is great too. I can't imagine this happening to you.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may find that the rangefinder is fine with the 75mm/50mm, but a little out with the 150mm and need a little adjustment. My M 6 seems fine with all three lenses. There is a cam in the body that is used to change the finder frame line when the lens is changed, but that does not impact on the focus. It would be hard to damage that without doing other damage to the lens mount at the same time.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had 3 6 bodies with all 3 lenses. No focusing issues here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't find the post where I read about this problem. But its mentioned in the manual also [page 10]

Quote Originally Posted by Mamiya Instruction Manual
    Particularly when mounting the 50mm lens, take
    care so that the rear rim of the lens does not touch
    the body’s rangefinder coupling cam.
    Thanks for all the replies, I hope to pick up a 50mm shortly.

Fintan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin