Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,228   Online: 997

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya 645 F80 f/4 Macro Lens Function

I have purchased used F80 macro lens for my 645. There is a ring on the front of the lens with two click stops and there is a red and green scale on the focus ring. I suspect these two are related. I’ve checked focus while changing the front ring position and cannot see any difference. What is the purpose of the front adjustment and how is it used? Thanks

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hello, it is so the scale is correct when you attach the accessory extension tube (allows 1:1).

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanx for that. have the same optics and been wondering that myself. Now where to get the extension tube (as i didn't get one with it

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    You can get one at keh.com or on ebay. It is called Auto Macro Spacer

Jon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Isn't that spacer the same as the auto macro tube #1? Or is there something special about the ube that is supposed to come with that lens?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    The spacer is about 44mm of extension, so it is specifically matched to the 80mm macro lens. That said, if you don't need specific magnification ratios, you could use any combination of extension tubes to get closer focusing. It might be convenient to have the spacer to easily determine bellows factor with the focusing scales on the barrel of the lens.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 08-04-2008 at 06:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin