Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,664   Online: 1109

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ts103706@ohio.edu View Post
    He ended up deciding he didn't want the camera. He has been lying to me and telling me that paypal would not work for him, but now told me he was not going to buy it. I am looking at hw to get my $50.00 in fees back.
    There is a 3 or 7 day waiting period and you can file a non paying bidder complaint, I think the whole process takes about 3 weeks but unless the buyer as a very good reason, eBay will refund your fee's. They most likely will not ban the buyer if it is the first time he did this.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Why not just offer to second highest bidder?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The second chance offer might be a good way to go. Also take the photos and send them with a description to KEH and see what they offer, might be a nice easy way out. I would still file for non-paying bidder to get the listing fee refunded or cover the cost of your next listing. Also you really need to set a reserve of a decent amount, probably $1800 or more. That and delete to tools when they mess with you. Some people do this kind of thing on purpose, just to mess up the sellers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't think I will be able to get that much again. $1,800.00 might be a little high. I am filling an unpaid items form against him. I do not think I will ship internationally anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ts103706@ohio.edu View Post
    I do not think I will ship internationally anymore.
    Ouch, from those of us just north of your fine country.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've heard several people say to me that they won something on eBay but they hadn't decided whether they would pay.

I've told them that it doesn't work like that. You buy -- you pay. Or you won't be part of eBay soon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Its pretty sad. I have been looking into it, and apparently selling to the South Pacific is a bad idea. Bidders from that area are notorious for not paying and for falsely claiming that the item was not received. Paypal does not offer any protection to many of those countries.

I will now have to wait several more days to file an unpaid items claim and then seven more days til I can request my ebay fees back. Then seven more days till my next auction will end.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin