Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,074   Online: 790

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Selling my Rolleiflex 2.8f

Due to certain financial situations, I am selling my Rolleiflex. It is a 2.8f, and I am not sure what type. The serial number is 2950265. The closest serial number I have seen to this was on a white face, which leads me to believe this was made in the late 70's. It is pretty clean as you can see by the pictures I added to the gallery. I have a prism with case, but the prism has a small dent in it that is only cosmetic. I also have a nice condition Rollei lens hood and Rollei UV haze filter for it. The meter is pretty accurate and all shutter speeds are accurate. It was serviced once a year, every year, before it was put into storage for 4 years. I have run both 120 and 220 film through it, and both work. Does anyone have any idea what I can expect to get for it? Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Take a look at my Rolleiflex TLR Price Guide:

http://members.aol.com/dcolucci/rolleitlr.htm

You do have a Type II model.

Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    that price guide is off in this case and it should be amended to differentiate between 295 series cameras and 247 series according to what I have seen in ebay and it could even differentiate between 295 series Planars and 295 series Xenotars.

I have tracked, as well as I could, all the 295 series 2.8Fs in ebay for about 3 years and in that time I have watched 112 of them go through. It is interesting to note that over all the 295 series is very nearly all Xenotars. However I have noticed on the early 295s they started out as Planars.

2950110, 2950228 and 2950286 were all with Planars and those are 3 of the earliest four 295s I have seen. After that there were only 4 other Planars listed in the over 100 cameras and 2 of those were by a seller I am pretty sure switched lenses in them.

The legit, near mint condition 295 Planars have all sold for over 2500 USD. If you do a good job writing your camera up and make good professional looking pictures I would expect you to get that as well.. if your camera is as good condition as it looks in your pictures.

If you want to fix the small dent in the prism it is easy to do. You just take out the 2 small screws on both sides of the housing and pull the housing off and then with a blunt hard tool of some kind you work the dent back out and smooth it out a little at a time.

The 295series 2.8Fs are often called type 4 and with the Planar and the 12/24 switch and the good condition and receipts for service, this is the most valuable 2.8F Rollei there is. So good luck

Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow. Thank you very much. I knew I had a nice camera, but I had no idea I was in that realm.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    No offense to your strap making skills but I would definitely photograph the camera without the blue strap. Make a nice background and show it like an art piece. but then it is your business. I just wish it was my business (-:]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ya, I am definitely getting rid of the strap. I am now to the point of being afraid to use this camera anymore, let alone carry it around with 2 pieces of string. Dennis, do you have any kind of credentials that I would be able to use in a listing? How or where did you find out more information about it. You have been a lot of help. Thanks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Nope. No credentials at all. Everything I say is just my opinion and PLEASE don't quote me on anything. I talk to people in here just like talking to friends. I don't know where you would get documentation for my observation. BUT, I think you will find you can shoot high with your ad.
    That is just what I think.
    sorry
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd do a few searches for tips on the best times, methods, etc for selling on eBay. I researched it a couple years ago and it definitely helped. Summer is not the height of prices, but even then, you want to aim for the best times for an auction to finish, etc. I forget all the info, but it helped my prices by 5-10% compared to similar items. Every penny counts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's possible to buy a similar age 2.8F in good condition from a reputable UK dealer for £549/$1100, that includes 6 months warranty, so it's difficult to say it's worth more than that.

There's also a huge price variation with Rolleiflexes for near identical models at the moment, so it's depends who you talk to and how you'd proposed selling it.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are also more than a few 2.8 on ebay right now, never a good thing to flood the market.

You could try this Yahoo group for research:
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/rolleiusers/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin