Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,057   Online: 966

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep! but you'd still need to spring for 50mm Distagon (not cheap).

Better IMHO TO go for a 2.25"X3.25" Graphic.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm

Hand Holdable 6X6, 6X7

If you can live with the square format I would recommend a Bronica SQ-A with a 120 back, a prism finder, a Speed Grip and a 50/3.5 lens. Prices aren't quite as low as they were last year but this is a very reasonable outfit. The Speed Grip and prism finder make using the camera hand held and at eye level a lot easier. If you get a strap you can also use a Waist Level finder and a plain crank but your image will be reversed laterally. The plain (no meter) prism finder also usually costs less than a Waist Level finder. My 50/3.5 is the later PS model but the earlier S lens is also supposed to be good.

When prices were higher you might have considered an FSU (former Soviet Union) medium format camera but I think the Bronicas are better buys now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.apug.org/classifieds/show...1&cat=2&page=1

Several affordable MF cameras here. Just add a Mamiya (or Graphic) 6X7 rollfilm back.
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    35mm
    Tom, I have no idea how much any of those cameras are worth, nor what lenses I would outfit them with.

MF is so much more complicated than 35mm, heh.

The Blad is a steal, but I'm afraid I can't spend that much money right now. The real reason of this thread is to find out how much money I should set aside for a body + lens (and I suppose light meter and film back, if applicable).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnJazz View Post
    Tom, I have no idea how much any of those cameras are worth, nor what lenses I would outfit them with.

MF is so much more complicated than 35mm, heh.

The Blad is a steal, but I'm afraid I can't spend that much money right now. The real reason of this thread is to find out how much money I should set aside for a body + lens (and I suppose light meter and film back, if applicable).
    In his APUG classified For Sale post Dan wrote: “Price negotiable and dependant on the combination you're looking for but figure a good starting point is $100 for a ca1950 Century Graphic with triplet lens.”
    The 103mm Graflar and 103mm Trioptar lenses that Dan Listed are Triplets (i.e. 3 element lenses). The Ektar, Tessar, Skopar and Xenar lenses are more sophisticated optical designs than the Triplets and sell for a higher price.

The lenses in their shutters must be mounted in lens boards that will fit the Graphic camera. If you are handy with wood working tools, you can make your own lens boards.

I would expect an excellent condition 1950s Crown Graphic with rangefinder
    and Graflok back to sell in the $300 range.

120 ROLL FILM BACKS FOR MAMIYA RB 67 or RZ 67 will fit the Graphic Graflok back and sell on eBay for in the $40-$50 range.
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd probably make him an offer on the Pacemaker Crown Graphic with the 105mm f4.5 Xenar
    Tom Hoskinson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Graflex XL with a 58mm Grandagon, 66/67/69 backs are available. The Grandagons tend to have separation though..Normal lens is a 90mm.
    It is a RF & not too heavy.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've got a Yashica D with 80mm Yashinon f3.5 lens that also has the leather case, original box and manual. In excellent + condition

If you're interested let me know.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fast lenses are not all that useful for medium format. You'll get a lot less DOF than you're used to with 35mm. This DOF table may be useful:

http://dofmaster.com/doftable.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin