Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,171   Online: 828

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    there are several very nice Hasselblad kits on ebay right now under $700

Shooter
    35mm
    I have and like a variety of MF cameras - what I pick up one day really depends on my mood, and the general subject matter I'll be shooting. None of it was expensive, which is fortunate - however, if it had been, or if I really had to just pick 1 camera (heaven forbid ), I'd want to touch it and play with it first.

If you can't borrow any MF gear from photographically inclined friends/camera club members in your area, I would suggest scouting the local camera shops for rentals. Many decent shops will have at least a Hasselblad with a couple of lenses, some might have Pentax or Mamiya (or possibly other) gear as well. Renting it for a day or 2 and going shooting may give you a better idea of what you actually want.

EDIT: Another option may be a local college/university that has a photography program - many of them have cameras that they lend out to students. I believe you mentioned that you're a student of some sort already - even if you don't attend these schools you may be able to sweet talk someone into letting you have a demo for a while, particularly in the summer months. Worth a shot, anyway.
    Last edited by mabman; 08-05-2008 at 02:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    35mm
    Highschool, not college. :\ I'll look.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin