Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,315   Online: 1016

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have the same type lens in one of those cameras which can take a roll film back (e.g. a Plaubel back which I have a couple of). Then then film will be more flat. It runs down to 1/25 sec. but needs a CLA if the slow shutter times has to be used. I think the lens deserves a flat film plane :-) .....I also have such a camera with an uncoated Heliar which I think I will try. It is a 5 lens design but I don't know how well corrected this lens is. But some describe its image potential to be magic :-)
    An efke ISO 25 for 6x9 could be a good film for testing the resolution. Some years back I tested the Gigabitfilm (ISO 40) for 35mm cameras. A film with very high resolving power. But it never came out in roll film only as 4x5 sheets (ISO 25).
    It is funny to play with these old cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Vic View Post
    I copied your spelling since I have no "ä

Off topic but a list of odd characters is here:http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html

Hold down the 'Alt' key, type (in this case) 132 release 'Alt' key = ä

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have just started using Ilford Pan F 50 in my 1936 Voightlander Bessa RF this past week. This camera has the Compur-Rapid shutter with a Halomar lenses. After viewing the results on the negative roll, I just had to jump up and down and run around with a silly grin on my face for the rest of the evening. This has been several months of trial and error with various brands and speeds of B&W and color. Finally, it has come together! I use the Voightlander meter that I mounted on my 1955 Leica M3 to set aperture, put the shutter speed at 1/50 or thereabouts, mount the camera on a tripod with a cable release and I'm good to go. Shot a roll at the antique auto club runaround last Wednesday and always had someone looking over my shoulder watching the old guy with his old camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MXP View Post
    I got the funny idea to try out a Fuji Velvia 100F in a camera from 1925. It was a Voigtländer Rollfilm 6x9 camera from 1925 with an uncoated 4.5/10,5 cm uncoated Skopar lens and a camera with no film presure plate. It did not expect something special but got quite surprised of the optical quality of the lens. It seems to be well corrected and I did no see any CA.
    Two of the frames are here along with some crops. I used a good scanner.
    Both images was shot hand held.

http://www.pbase.com/mxp/voigtlnder_rollfilm_1925

Max
    It just goes to prove what I've been saying for years, photography is a very simple process about the action of light on film, and the biggest leaps forward in the technology has been in the materials more so than in the hardware IMHO.
    Ben

MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinAlaska View Post
    I have just started using Ilford Pan F 50 in my 1936 Voightlander Bessa RF this past week. This camera has the Compur-Rapid shutter with a Halomar lenses. After viewing the results on the negative roll, I just had to jump up and down and run around with a silly grin on my face for the rest of the evening. This has been several months of trial and error with various brands and speeds of B&W and color. Finally, it has come together! I use the Voightlander meter that I mounted on my 1955 Leica M3 to set aperture, put the shutter speed at 1/50 or thereabouts, mount the camera on a tripod with a cable release and I'm good to go. Shot a roll at the antique auto club runaround last Wednesday and always had someone looking over my shoulder watching the old guy with his old camera!
    I also have an old Bessa RF. I have never tried it but it has got a CLA and ready to take pictures. It has an uncoated Heliar. I will see one day if this lens can make some magic as some people say. It is probably just a lens. Never heard about the "Halomar" .....is that some kind of a 3 lens design?
    I remember something like a "Heliomar" .....but not sure.....

Shooter
    35mm
    MXP;
    My mistake on the spelling! The correct name of the lens is "Helomar". To complete the I.D. after that ....1:3.5 F=10.5cm Nr 1045422 Voightlander Braunschweig. From my surfing the 'net, apparently there were a choice of lenses when a person ordered the camera new. To further finish the story,I spoke with a woman that knew of the camera and some of it's history. She thinks that her grandfather purchased it new in Europe before he came here to the states prior to WW2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not surprised by the results from your uncoated Skopar. I have one of them (1930s) and I have more recent vintage coated 105 Skopars (from the 1960s).
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This thread got me thinking--how far back do these 120 folders go? Were there any made before the twenties?
    Charles Hohenstein

MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I looked in my Kodak book and there are some folding Kodak cameras which dates back to 1890. But they looks like a square box when folded. The Folding Pocket Kodak has the shape we know from a folding camera when folded this camera was introduced in 1897. But that is Kodak.....they may not be the first......

MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinAlaska View Post
    MXP;
    My mistake on the spelling! The correct name of the lens is "Helomar". To complete the I.D. after that ....1:3.5 F=10.5cm Nr 1045422 Voightlander Braunschweig. From my surfing the 'net, apparently there were a choice of lenses when a person ordered the camera new. To further finish the story,I spoke with a woman that knew of the camera and some of it's history. She thinks that her grandfather purchased it new in Europe before he came here to the states prior to WW2.
    Ok! ....could be interesting if she had some old exposed film shot with the camera......
    I got a Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex a couple of week ago and I got the information that it was at least 40 years ago the camera had been used. The funny thing was that there was a film inside the camera. I took it out and sent it to the lap....just for fun. There were something on.....some portraits. It will be interesting to scan. But some of the contrast has gone......or quite a lot...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin