Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,868   Posts: 1,583,288   Online: 1122

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    I'm not surprised by the results from your uncoated Skopar. I have one of them (1930s) and I have more recent vintage coated 105 Skopars (from the 1960s).
    It could be interesting to know what the difference is between a Skopar and a Tessar......the Skopar is always said to be a kind of Tessar design.....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Bessa Voigtländer RF 6x9

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinAlaska View Post
    I have just started using Ilford Pan F 50 in my 1936 Voightlander Bessa RF this past week. This camera has the Compur-Rapid shutter with a Halomar lenses. After viewing the results on the negative roll, I just had to jump up and down and run around with a silly grin on my face for the rest of the evening. This has been several months of trial and error with various brands and speeds of B&W and color. Finally, it has come together! I use the Voightlander meter that I mounted on my 1955 Leica M3 to set aperture, put the shutter speed at 1/50 or thereabouts, mount the camera on a tripod with a cable release and I'm good to go. Shot a roll at the antique auto club runaround last Wednesday and always had someone looking over my shoulder watching the old guy with his old camera!
    Hi,

I found this thread after having develop my first roll from a Bessa Voigtländer RF 6x9 - probably similar to yours, with a helomar lens. I have not grinned yet - the out of focus areas are beatiful, but I do not see very much sharpness anywhere. Maybe I am doing some wrong, such as handholding. My camera lacks a cable release, it only has a lever on the lid, which probably does not help. I so much would like this camera to be sharp! Do you have any advice?

thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Erik , I suggest you take it back to the repairer, their work is usually guaranteed, explain the problem to him, show him the pictures, and let him see if he can solve the problem.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ben,
    I could of course call him, allthough I am quite sure that he would charge me more for it. The deal was that he should repair some defined problems, not "fix the camera" or similar. Still the repairman sold a T-max 100 to just because he regarded the lens to have very good resolution. I should probably call him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin