Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,184   Online: 852

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd probably also be inclined to suggest a 120 camera rather than a 620. There's nothing wrong with 620 other than it's somewhat inconvenient.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think the original model Rolleiflex was 620. And I think I would just mod the camera for 120 films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Duaflex. It's not the most high quality camera lens-wise; the corners are soft in my photos. Perhaps you might prefer a TLR like a Yashicaflex which I believe are cheap these days.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Duaflex. It's not the most high quality camera lens-wise; the corners are soft in my photos. Perhaps you might prefer a TLR like a Yashicaflex which I believe are cheap these days.
    I don't really mind when it comes to quality of a camera. To me as long as it shoots, it's worth having. Little things like soft corners, or sharpness are personal traits that vary from camera to camera and I like that. I did see a Yashicaflex on eBay today and they are low priced, if I had money on hand I probably would have bought it. lol

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yashica 635 is decent and normally pretty cheap in working condition.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    I've been wanting to buy a camera that uses 620 film, maybe a camera from the Kodak Duaflex family being they're not in popular demand on eBay, so I can get one for less amount of money. I thought it'd be a good way of getting into medium format photography.

I heard that 620 film is the same as 120 just that their spools are different. The problem is I don't know if my local lab will be able to accept 620 film, but they can process 120.

I was wondering if anyone else uses a 620 camera and if you do, can you tell me how you get your film processed? Or is it a better idea to buy a camera that takes 120?
    If you want a camera with the "interesting" image quality of a Kodak Duoflex, why not get something like a Kodak Brownie Cresta (preferably model 3). They are easy to find in good condition (at least in the UK) for £5 or so, take 120 film and don't seem to have problems with body light leaks or moldy lenses like other cheap old cameras. I think they're lots better than a Holga or Diana!

MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I don't really mind when it comes to quality of a camera. To me as long as it shoots, it's worth having. Little things like soft corners, or sharpness are personal traits that vary from camera to camera and I like that. I did see a Yashicaflex on eBay today and they are low priced, if I had money on hand I probably would have bought it. lol
    How limited is your budget?

A nice camera you could consider is a Voigtländer Bessa I with Vaskar lens. It is a 6x9 camera (lens is a 10,5 cm). The Vaskar is a 3 lens design but can make really good images and you might find one on ebay that does not cost much. The Color-Skopar version is more expensive. I like the Bessa I very much.

You don't know a person which will give you a camera? .....collectors usally have many they don't use and I think the cheaper ones....they don't care so much about.... so it could be a give away :-) .....or at least you could borrow a camera for a life time :-)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've been wanting to buy a camera that uses 620 film, maybe a camera from the Kodak Duaflex family being they're not in popular demand on eBay, so I can get one for less amount of money. I thought it'd be a good way of getting into medium format photography.

I heard that 620 film is the same as 120 just that their spools are different. The problem is I don't know if my local lab will be able to accept 620 film, but they can process 120.

I was wondering if anyone else uses a 620 camera and if you do, can you tell me how you get your film processed? Or is it a better idea to buy a camera that takes 120?
    The center part of the spool is about half the size of a 120 spool, and consequently the rim diameters are less also.

Why this would be done to save only about 3/16 - 1/4" in diameter is beyond me. The resulting camera would not have been much larger.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Shooter
    35mm
    If you want a camera with the "interesting" image quality of a Kodak Duoflex, why not get something like a Kodak Brownie Cresta (preferably model 3). They are easy to find in good condition (at least in the UK) for £5 or so, take 120 film and don't seem to have problems with body light leaks or moldy lenses like other cheap old cameras.
    I forgot about the Brownies, but I'll look into that and I do think they're cheap here in the US too.
    I think they're lots better than a Holga or Diana!
    Yes! lol

How limited is your budget?
    A nice camera you could consider is a Voigtländer Bessa I with Vaskar lens. It is a 6x9 camera (lens is a 10,5 cm). The Vaskar is a 3 lens design but can make really good images and you might find one on ebay that does not cost much. The Color-Skopar version is more expensive. I like the Bessa I very much.
    You don't know a person which will give you a camera? .....collectors usally have many they don't use and I think the cheaper ones....they don't care so much about.... so it could be a give away :-) .....or at least you could borrow a camera for a life time :-)
    I'm looking for a medium format camera around $10 - $30 and possibly staying away from Holgas and Dianas. I think they're charging too much for a plastic camera.
    I did have someone here on APUG who was willing to don me a camera, so I'm still waiting for it to show up.

MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    OK! ......lets hope it will show up :-)
    I probably also have a camera that take up space which can still shot but I am located in Denmark and the expense on shipping would be quite a lot :-) .....some box cameras can take desent pictures and they are very cheap.....a couple of dollars :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin