Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,967   Posts: 1,558,458   Online: 1022

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    I'm looking for a medium format camera around $10 - $30 and possibly staying away from Holgas and Dianas. I think they're charging too much for a plastic camera.
    Same part of the world, but Lubitels are pretty inexpensive. They're the cheapest TLRs I know of. The trouble is that they're mostly sold by people in former Soviet territories, so you'll pay close to your budget on shipping alone. Some sellers seem to think they're worth a lot more than they are, too; a quick check on eBay shows some Buy-it-Now-only listings for $75 (plus shipping!). Still, if you keep an eye out for a US seller, you can probably pick one up for a reasonable amount. I think I got my own Lubitel 2 from a US seller for under $30 (shipped), and definitely under $50.

Incidentally, there are two "Medium Format on a Budget" articles at The Bokeh, one on folders and the other on TLRs. Neither covers a huge number of cameras, but they're informative if you're just starting out in medium format. Having read those, I personally want a Mamiya C-series, but I've got to prioritize my budget items, so I haven't gotten one yet....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Alisha, I'll send you a PM.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have a Daiichi (Japanese) folder camera known as a Zenobia, a clone of the viewfinder Ikontas. It will fit in the side pocket of my pants and does fine with 120 color and B&W. The lens is a coated 3.5 Hespar (Tessar clone) with a Sekoisha copy of the Syncro Compur with f3.5 - f22 and 1 - 500 +B. It has front element focusing and I use one of those little split image rangefinders in the accessory shoe to get my distances (my eyeball is poorly calibrated). They are on FleaBay often and sell for around $20 - $30
    Last edited by B&Jdude; 08-09-2008 at 02:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Left out a word

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have an Argus TLR that takes 620 film. I also have a Foldex camera that takes both 120 and 620 that I converted to a pinhole camera. I believe there is 620 film listed on Ebay and at several wholesalers in NY and elsewhere.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Film for Classics may still carry 620 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Film for Classics may still carry 620 film.
    Is Film for Classics still in business? Their order form page is blank and no products are listed on the site: http://www.filmforclassics.com/

They still have a "Contact" page, so I guess you'd have to call them to do business with them.

Nathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hadn't looked at their pages in a while, maybe they no longer supply these special sized films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Smith View Post
    Is Film for Classics still in business? Their order form page is blank and no products are listed on the site: http://www.filmforclassics.com/

They still have a "Contact" page, so I guess you'd have to call them to do business with them.

Nathan
    Try scrolling down the Order Form page - it is there, just hiding .

That being said, I haven't used their services.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You are right, there it is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin