Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,203   Online: 989

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    I just got a Feisol 3443 and couldn't be more happy with it. It's a major step up from my Bogen 3001...
    Another vote for Feisol, I have the 3441 w the ballhead they sell and I use it w a Mamiya 6. I only have an aluminum Manfrotto 190 (?) to compare to but the quality of construction seems very good and it is light and compact.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi, I've owned a Gitzo 1325 for five years or so for my Pentax 67 but since buying a Mamiya 7II have looked for something lighter for hiking given the lack of mirror and shutter vibration. I've just bought a tiny Benro carbon fibre tripod that fits the bill nicely. It's a 4 section tripod called the C-058 that folds to 465mm long, so it fits easily into my standard hand-luggage trolley bag, and weighs just 1.07kg. I'm using the Benro KJ-1 ballhead on it that I've used on the Gitzo for some time. The plate from the next size down ballhead to the KJ-1 is shorter and does not interfere with the controls or spool holder on the bottom of the Mamiya 7. There's a spring-loaded hook on the centre column for loading the tripod to increase the mass and decrease vibration. I'm impressed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Does anyone know if Feisol are available in the UK?
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I generally use a Gitzo 1128 with an Arca Swiss B1 ballhead with my Mamiya 7 but because I wanted an ultra lightweight tripod for backpacking, particularly in The Alps, I recently acquired at Gitzo GT1550T. This carbon fibre travel tripod comes with a tiny Gitzo 1077M ballhead. The whole tripod and head collapse down to about a foot high and weigh in at 1Kg yet when fully extended they come to about the same height as my 1128. The amazing thing is that the tiny ballhead actually supports the Mamiya 7 even in the portrait position! Obviously it's not as stable as the 1128 and Arca Swiss but it's eminently usable in anything other than windy conditions.

Barry
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used a Manfrotto 190 with my Mamiya 7 for some years, and it was perfectly fine. I went lighter with a Gitzo 1127 and Acratech head about five years ago, and am quite satisfied with it.

Until later,

Clyde Rogers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin