Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,230   Online: 992

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fuji doesn't make instant film backs, so yes, their films fit.

But Polaroid backs don't. Not on a 1000 F.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I leave the A24 and C12 backs for the collectors.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, I like getting the C12's for under $15 and sending them to David Odess ($80 bucks) for a CLA. Then just use them without worry.

I don't like spending a $100 on an unknown A12 back, then maybe have to have it serviced ($80) anyway.

But, that's the good thing about APUG... we each get to have an opinion and respect the other guys position.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is nothing wrong with non-automatic backs.
    The load sequence is a bit different, but so what?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Unsure if I should start a new thread or continue with this one. Thought I had an a12 back but learned here it's a C12. This is my first Hasselblad (501cm). When loading the film and lining up the 1 in the center of the peep hole and setting the counter to 1, after shooting a few shots it seems like the numbers don't line up the same each time. Is this a problem? When I got to 12 I peeped through the window again and the film paper said 11 so I reset the counter to 1 and fired off one more shot in hopes to fill the frame. Of course I stopped there and wound the film to remove and reload the next roll.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    AFAIR the NPC Polaroid back had the needed hole for use with the 1000F.

The Polaroid 80 back (30120) should NEVER even be mounted on a 1000F as the prodruding glass plate will strike the shutter curtian.

The Polaroid 100 back (30198) will work with the 1000F BUT you have to remove it BEFORE you cock the shutter due to the lack of the pin hole as Q.G. stated.

(edit: Thinking about it I might be wrong. Without the hole the shutter might not trip. Last time I used a Polaroid back with a 1000F was back in 1977)

Also, early C magazines with serial numbers below 20,000 will NOT work with the 500C & later cameras. I had one with my 1000F and was surprised to find out it didn't advance properly when I got a 500 C/M and tried to use it with it.
    Last edited by aoresteen; 03-02-2011 at 01:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljenkins View Post
    Unsure if I should start a new thread or continue with this one. Thought I had an a12 back but learned here it's a C12. This is my first Hasselblad (501cm). When loading the film and lining up the 1 in the center of the peep hole and setting the counter to 1, after shooting a few shots it seems like the numbers don't line up the same each time. Is this a problem? When I got to 12 I peeped through the window again and the film paper said 11 so I reset the counter to 1 and fired off one more shot in hopes to fill the frame. Of course I stopped there and wound the film to remove and reload the next roll.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    I have a couple of C12 backs. I must admit I've never checked the window after first loading the film. The number markings are going to be based on the film manufacturers assumption of frame spacing. My H'blad backs seem to space closer than previous 120 cameras I've had. Keep in mind that the H'blad 645 back gets 16 frames per roll vs. 15 on most 645 cameras.

So the real question is whether your film back is spacing properly - look at an exposed roll to tell. I would say tha if, after a few shots, your way off then you're likely to have a problem. But the exposed roll tells all.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin