Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,968   Online: 955

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    I think this series of optics was mainly a kit lenses for early 501 C and CM bodies, and never sold as a buy it alone optic
    That's exactly so.
    Though the later 501 CMs were sold with a CB lens.

Terence,

Bear in mind that what are now commonly known as "C" lenses were not called that until the "F" lenses appeared.
    And then not on the lens itself, not officially, but in price lists and catalogues. First to distinguish them from the then new "F" lenses. Later because we al started doing so (and then in all kinds of literature, including user manuals and such).
    Zeiss never used the "C" designation for these lenses at all.

So this "C" lens is really the first (and last) lens 'officially' designated a "C" lens.
    I cannot remember (but that may well be just a matter of memory failing me) hearing or reading either Zeiss or Hasselblad calling it a "new C" lens.

This CF-stripped-of-F-functionality lens was meant - like the 501 C - as a cheaper entry level thingy.
    That role was assumed by the CB line very soon after.
    Last edited by Q.G.; 08-13-2008 at 04:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all very much. Not being an F user, it shouldn't have any effect on me. Good to know.

This camera is by far the nicest condition Hasselblad I have. Not sure I even want to use it much as I already have two "beaters", and I'm not always kind to my equipment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin