Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,538   Online: 1143

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I agree that it is definitely worth saving for the 50mm Flektogon. I am very glad I did. It's a great lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Didn't Schneider make a wide angle lens in this mount for the Exakta 66? I remember the 80mm being an amazing performer, I'm sure the wide angle would be just as good...

Isaac
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There are wider lenses in Pentacon 6 lens mount from Ukraine than the 65mm. The newest design is a Multi-coated MC-Arsat 55mm shift lens, new for $388. http://araxfoto.com/lenses/arsat-55-shift/

The Mir 26 45mm wide angle for $229 (new) multicoated version. http://araxfoto.com/lenses/mir-26/

the MC Arsat 30mm fisheye for $349 (new) http://araxfoto.com/lenses/arsat-fisheye/

These are all usable on any Pentacon 6 mount camera, and the vendor shown in the links above is very reliable and has warranty on all his products.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davela View Post
    OK, I think I may have figured out that the Kiev 60 and Pentacon 6 have a compatible mount and back focus, but the Kiev 88 has a longer back focus. Does this sound right?
    The Kiev 88CM has the same back focus as the Pentacon and the Kiev 60.

The 55mm PC ARSAT is my favorite of the Ukrainian Wide Angles, IMHO it is right up there with the 50mm MC Flektogon (I own both of these lenses - and the 65mm ARSAT as well.)
    Last edited by Tom Hoskinson; 08-17-2008 at 08:53 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    As it turns out I was able to pickup a nice Mir-38 65mm for $48 on eBay plus shipping form a USA seller. Although my ultimate goal is the 50/4 Flektogon, I couldn't resist the Mir at that price. I'll add a Flektogon within a few weeks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The beauty of the Zeiss Jena and Ukraine made Pentacon 6 mount lenses, is you could purchase every single one of them, the Ukraine ones NEW, and good used Zeiss Jena ones, and still come in under the cost of ONE brand new Hasselblad lens for their current digital medium-format camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin