Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,172   Online: 1069

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I did it again

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Whether this dudes mother was a bunny or not really doesn't matter to me but I must say that I am some what intrigued by the fact that Herman Leonard gave this chick the camera back in the 50's. Whether it's true or not is anybody's guess but since I admire his work very much and have a love for jazz I figured I'd take a chance. Either way it's a Rollei and that is more than good enough for me. Although if a Seagul shows up at my house then heads are gonna roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Well, thank you for sharing the story with us, Jay. At least it is a cute story, regardless of the writer's command of the English language. It is a pity that the name of the former camera owner was not provided to enable confirmation of the story.

Although, it does seem to be a bit unusual to suggest that "Playboy type photographs" (my phrasing) will be included as a further inducement to lure a purchaser. Who knows? Stranger things have happened, and there is no legal requirement that literary skills must be passed on to the progeny of someone "well known and endowed."
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Rollei TLR cameras are great. Looks like you've got a good user. The first one I used I had to learn how to load the film. Some of them you have to put the film under the first roller and then onto the windup spool.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I wish you the best! The camera pictured has no meter, yet the description says it does (and that it works and is calibrated). No photos of the lenses. Oh well...time will tell! $200 for a user Rollei is a good deal these days.

Vaughn

Perhaps it was the mis-matching of the image and the Ebay listing's description is why no one else bid on it. There was a Rollie 3.5E made in 1956 that had a meter.
    Last edited by Vaughn; 08-18-2008 at 10:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello , my experience :

I have bought , here , in France , a Rolleiflex MX-EVS three months ago : it looks nice , near mint and mechanics works well .
    Two rollfilms later , I was disappointed : poor results , even at f 8 ; and yet the Tessar looks nice at first sight .
    No fungus , no cloud .
    But many very very small scratches on the lens , on two sides .
    It is possible to repair mechanics , but the lens...?

I sincerely hope it will not be so for you .
    Last edited by Andy38; 08-19-2008 at 04:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    "Pictures of Lily" -- I trust everyone remembers that song by The Who. Maybe "Lily" was well-known to British young men growing up in the late 50's/early 60's. Here are some lyrics, which would allude to Lily being an attractive lady:

I used to wake up in the morning
    I used to feel so bad
    I got so sick of having sleepless nights
    I went and told my dad

He said, 'Son now here's some little something'
    And stuck them on my wall
    And now my nights ain't quite so lonely
    In fact I, I don't feel bad at all

Pictures of Lily made my life so wonderful
    Pictures of Lily helped me sleep at night
    Pitcures of Lily solved my childhood problems
    Pictures of Lily helped me feel alright

Pictures of Lily
    Lily, oh Lily
    Lily, oh Lily
    Pictures of Lily

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I eventually got a response regarding the meter and he said that he got it confused with another camera (Airiflex 16mm):rolleyes:
    Apparently his mother left him a few cameras before she passed and he doesn't know much about cameras which I think encompasses 90% of the people selling them on ebay. It was kind of an impulse bid and I figured well I'll at least pay $200 for it but no more and I was positive that I would have been outbid since they generally go for at least $300...........well no dice. I guess I'll see what shows up at the door. The auction does say that he takes returns so I will be sending it back if there is any fungus or scratches.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So I received the Rolleiflex today and it is way better than I expected. The lenses look great, shutter speeds are correct even at 1 second, condition is far better than I expected and hardly has any real wear at all on it. There was even a roll of E6 inside.........could it be naked pictures of Lily?
    Anyway I am very pleased with it and for $200 it was a steal.........easily worth $350

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like you got a winner. I would say that your Rolleiflex is worth more than $350. It would be neat to see the images on the film.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations! Enjoy it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin