Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,674   Online: 790

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I did it again

Shooter
    Medium Format

I did it again

I was looking through the bay and noticed another Rolleiflex for cheap. Turns out there is a little story behind it which your guess is as good as mine if it is true or not, although it does appeal to my sense of romance.
    Anyway I put in a bid for $200 just on a whim since that was the starting bid and wound up winning it. Towards the end I was hoping to be outbid since I really don't need another TLR, but alas it's mine now I guess.
    Anyway check it out if you want to read it's history and let me know if you think I got a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140258593158

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It makes me wonder why that guy sold it in the first place. Was he so desperate about money? Did he have a fight with his mother?
    Good job reverend.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lovely camera -- too bad we don't have any pictures of his mother from her salad days! But, he refers to the camera's meter working properly; this camera has no meter (at least, the one in the pictures doesn't). I'll be curious to see what you get.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let us know if he includes the pictures he references in fine print in the listing! Not sure if that classifies as "romance" or not but ...
    Last edited by MartinB; 08-18-2008 at 06:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    He emailed me saying that his mother was a playboy bunny and that the camera was used to shoot a lot of famous bands and models. Apparently this was his first listing and he wanted to put a reserve of $275 on it but for some reason he didn't so his loss is my gain I guess. Should be a nice addition to the collection.

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm sorry to be a pessimist but the description, as such, does not match the camera. No meter, as Nick pointed out and the seller refers to huge pictures to check the camera out, they are normal size. But most worrying of all there is not one shot of the lens without the cap. Good luck!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yeah it certainly does look odd but I guess I'll see when it shows up.......

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The description was very poorly written, and once again another person confuses "it's" with "its."

I find it a bit sad that the seller refers to it as "cherished" but off it goes to eBay to the highest bidder. I guess "cherished" is relative. Or in this case, it's not.

Like the others have noticed, the description and the camera don't exactly match, and I'm wondering which camera will arrive. If this is the camera, it appears to be a good deal for $200.

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I should have said that. If the lens is as good as the rest of the camera it won't be a bad deal. I recently bought a Rolleiflex 2.8C with a Xenotar lens for 250 dollars on Ebay. Isn't it fun waiting for the parcel to arrive?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by reverend jay View Post
    He emailed me saying that his mother was a playboy bunny ...
    I really hope it works out for you... but this is the most unbelievable part of the entire story. Let's face it, friends... do any of us know anybody who's mother is a playboy bunny? Sounds like a wild fantasy to me!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oedipal_complex :o

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin