Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,982   Online: 816

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Mamiya TLR - Eastern US CLA resources ?

Looking for an east-coast resource for CLA / Repair on Mamiya TLR equipment... particularly 330f/s and the "newer" lenses. Anyone out there have a great experience with a "right coast" repair-person ?

Thx!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I believe Krikor Maralian services them in addition to Rollei. http://www.krimarphot.comIf not, I have had good experience with Nippon http://www.nipponphotoclinic.visualnet.com
    Last edited by wilsonneal; 08-19-2008 at 11:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: URL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had mine (C220) serviced at Koh's Camera in North Bellmore, Long Island. He did a good job for me. See his web site here: http://www.kohscamera.com/. Geographically, it's located almost as right coast as you can get.
    Last edited by fschifano; 08-19-2008 at 12:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    I had mine (C220) serviced at Koh's Camera in North Bellmore, Long Island.
    My 220 seems to have a light leak which I'd like to have investigated, but the Koh site only lists Bronica cameras as eligible for repair. Is that inaccurate?
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had my TLR serviced at Peactree Camera here in Marietta Ga. They did a decent job getting the camera back in operation.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Paul Ebel, Ebel lens services. He CLA'd several C220/330 lenses for me. Not completely sure if he does camera work also. HIghly recommended.

Email him at paulebel44@yahoo.com .
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You could try Mamiya, they are in Elmsford (Westchester County), NY.

914-347-3300
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    My 220 seems to have a light leak which I'd like to have investigated, but the Koh site only lists Bronica cameras as eligible for repair. Is that inaccurate?
    I'm local to Koh's, so I just brought it in and asked if he could work on it. He did. I'm happy.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used Koh's for other repairs (not Mamiya, though) and his service was really fast and the repairs have held fine - - no reoccurance of the problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would second Paul Ebel. I know that, in the past, he's done work on mechanical bodies but his specialty are lenses and shutters. He's in Wisconsin, so not east coast.

I'm curious as to why you require "east coast". I would think that if it needs to be shipped, it doesn't make much difference where in the lower 48 the repair person is located.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin