Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,400   Online: 688

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Unless Jon stopped carrying it, I have some of the exact material that you want from Jon. He used to have 2 different types, short and long fiber and it is great stuff. The only reason he would no longer carry it is if he was no longer able to buy it or it was too much money. Send him an email as the stuff that I got from him several years ago is exactly what you need.

MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    OK......I will send him an email and ask for it.
    Thank you!

MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    As a follow up I can say that I ordered a light seal kit from Jon. He still has to kind of fabric in his kit. I contacted him and I will get some off cuts included together with some self-adhesive I can use if I get some velvet ribbon. The best way to buy is not using the store at ebay but by direct contact as the fee's at ebay is quite high. I have included a link below and Jon want to say "Hello" to the APUG people :-)

http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/sealreplacement.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MXP View Post
    That it is........velvet ribbon......I will look for that.

Thank you!
    You might look for mohair. I have some black mohair with a sort of heavy fabric base, but I doubt it would work for you; it's about 3/8 inch wide. It is great for lightproofing doors, homemade cameras, etc. Let me know if you think it might work. I may have to dig around to find it.

Got it at Boeing surplus a long time ago. Sad. That venerable institution is apparently now gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know what kind of animal a Mo is? Is it anything like a nauga?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Probably a cold northern relative.

MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by bowzart View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of animal a Mo is? Is it anything like a nauga?

This fellow is a mo?
    http://www.mohair.dk/

MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You might look for mohair. I have some black mohair with a sort of heavy fabric base, but I doubt it would work for you; it's about 3/8 inch wide. It is great for lightproofing doors, homemade cameras, etc. Let me know if you think it might work. I may have to dig around to find it.

Got it at Boeing surplus a long time ago. Sad. That venerable institution is apparently now gone.
    Thank you!
    I will see what I get from Jon. If I get into troubles......I can look for mohair......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MXP View Post
    This fellow is a mo?
    http://www.mohair.dk/
    Wow, what a beautiful creature! I think the kind of mohair I have is not from the genuine mo, but I'm pretty sure that is what it is called. They used to use it for automobile upholstery etc. I doubt that was genuine sheep, but maybe it was.

The image I'm attaching shows it as used on one of my weird cameras. The scale that is nearest it is in inches. The smaller divisions are 1/10". I regret being unable to find a handy metric scale. There's one around here. Somewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mohair.jpg  

MXP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wow, what a beautiful creature! I think the kind of mohair I have is not from the genuine mo, but I'm pretty sure that is what it is called. They used to use it for automobile upholstery etc. I doubt that was genuine sheep, but maybe it was.

The image I'm attaching shows it as used on one of my weird cameras. The scale that is nearest it is in inches. The smaller divisions are 1/10". I regret being unable to find a handy metric scale. There's one around here. Somewhere.
    It looks like some good stuff you have. Better than foam in many cases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin