Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,698   Online: 788

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    KPT
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    [QUOTE=Anscojohn;671293]
    Quote Originally Posted by KPT View Post
    John, They were clean and dry.

Dry, perhaps; but not clean. For years, I loaded 220 film on the Ansco reel without problems. Some people say don't use a wetting agent. I've never had a problem; but I scrub the plastic. Some of the olde lab rats I knew insisted the only cleaner to use is Bon Ami Cake--the same stuff they used for ferrotype tins. You may have to look long and hard for it; but it is still around.
    John, Thank you for your replies! I think the last post found my issue. I have always loaded in the bag in my livingroom and never had any issues. Im a hobbiest and have about only 200 or so rolls under my belt but recently i bought a Mamiya C330f 6x6 and for some reason i started to load in a room in my basement and have noticed my arms sweating alot when loading down there. I even had to leave the bag wide open to dry out. This is when all my issues started with the loading. I feel its a humidity issue in my damp Chicago basement, The paper on the roll was wet when i tossed it out so it has to be the sweating that caused it. I will also take your advice on cleaning the reels. Thank you for your advice!

Jim

KPT
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    SRS5694, John,

Thanks for the great advice! I should take the time to seal any light leaks no matter how small then i wouldnt have these issues. I guess i got use to the bag and got lazy.
    Thanks again guys!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I cut a tiny bevel [ 1/8" wide, done with scissors] on the leading edge of my 120 films; it seems to help with loading on plastic reels. I agree the humidity is likely a big factor.

Shooter
    Large Format

Stainless steel Kindermann reels are the best.

They load like a dream. Fast and efficient! Older Nikkor reels can be a real pain.

Per Volquartz

http://www.pervolquartz.com

Images
    "They load like a dream. Fast and efficient! Older Nikkor reels can be a real pain."

Good Morning,

Ditto on the Kinderman 120 reels. Getting a reel loaded ususally takes thirty seconds or less.

Konical

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin