Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,378   Online: 723

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

127 Infra red Film Question

I see Free Style now has 127 INFRA RED Maaco or Efke film. I wonder if any one has an idea of what filter factor to use with the older Rollei Infra red filter? I have them in Bay I & III and the Bay I fits my Baby Rollei quite well, as it should. Any ideas beyond 'experiment and see?" or a starting point?

Appreciate any suggestions or hard knowledge.... thanks, Bill Logan

whlogan@loganphotographics.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by whlogan View Post
    I see Free Style now has 127 INFRA RED Maaco or Efke film. I wonder if any one has an idea of what filter factor to use with the older Rollei Infra red filter? I have them in Bay I & III and the Bay I fits my Baby Rollei quite well, as it should. Any ideas beyond 'experiment and see?" or a starting point?

Appreciate any suggestions or hard knowledge.... thanks, Bill Logan

whlogan@loganphotographics.com
    I have one of these filters - it's been a while since I used it, as I recall it's pretty much like a Hoya R72.

As you will be aware, the Rollei IR filter is an example of Franke & Heidecke design at its fiendish best. The filter has an optical correction built-in, so that visual focus in the finder equals IR focus on the film - no need to shift the focus manually! Clever or what?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin