Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,555   Online: 1106

Shooter
    35mm

Cable release for mamiya C220

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has and recommendations for a cable release for an old Mamiya C220. I've looked everywhere I can think of online but I can't seem to find any that specifically mention they work with this camera.

I'm also wondering about which flashes I can use. Does anyone have any urls for info sites with info about these old mamiyas?

Any info much appreciated
    Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The C220 requires no special or specific cable release. Any "standard" release will work just fine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for your speedy response David. So those generic cable releases you see with the push down 'button' on the top will fire it?

Cheers
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any standard conical thread release should work, provided the release socket on the top right of the lens panel still has the threaded section. I have seen a couple with this bit missing.

The only gotcha with the Mamiya - and the C33/C220 design of release is less prone to the problem - is a release that does not fully retract. The shutter release is also the film advance stop, and a partially extended cable release can trip the film stop and the camera just keeps winding. The short-wind off feature can be useful, but not when it happens by accident.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin