Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,912   Posts: 1,584,690   Online: 727

Shooter
    Large Format

Hasselblad auxiliary shutter

I'm looking at a PDF of the user's manual for the old Hasselblad 500C camera, and I'm not seeing anything about a mirror lock-up. But I've read that this camera has one. Is the auxiliary shutter on this camera intended to serve that function? Thanks for any insight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The mirror lock up should be done by a button under the winding knob.
    The back shutter has nothing to do with this.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ah, I see it now. It's referred to as the "quick release" option. Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You may be looking for true mirror lock up (not just the thing people erroneously call that), in which case you would be looking in vain.

The 500-series cameras only offer mirror pre-release (the button below the wind crank).
    Only the 2000-series bodies offer true mirror lock-up (you lock up the mirror - and it stays up, no matter what, - until you decide to let it come down again - meanwhile allowing normal operation of all camera functions).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin