Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,466   Online: 1192

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangheye View Post
    The ideal set up I find is a long nights sleep before, no alcohol for a month, plenty of light for a good shutter speed and aperture, and of course a static subject
    agree, if you follow this instructions my suggestion is a Hassel, if not, a Mamiya 7.
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangheye View Post
    The ideal set up I find is a long nights sleep before, no alcohol for a month, plenty of light for a good shutter speed and aperture, and ofcourse a static subject
    Probably sort out the last two criteria but I'm gonna struggle with the first two...!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Since the OP mentioned final print size as a criteria I believe that Mamiya 7 6X7 format or Fuji 6X9 format will easily beat any other system for hand held exposures.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by emanded View Post
    Any views on the sharpest hand held MF set up?
    Upfront my bias: I use three Rollei TLRs. Many times I've been amazed at the detail in my negatives. Recently, I photographed, handheld, a guy at rest with his bike. From 10 - 12 feet away, I was using ACROS film, EI 200, developed in DD-X. On the negative I could easily see thousands of his leg hairs. Those didn't make it through the printing process at my local shop. The scan [300 dpi, supposedly] is too low resolution. I don't complain; prints [proofs for me] are 60 cents each [6"x6"]. I'll see those details when printed with enlarger.

My Rolleis are all 3.5 lenses; Tessar and two Xenars.

Shooter
    35mm
    I recently purchased a plaubel 67. Didn't get a chance to test it yet. As far as sharpness goes has anyone got to compare one of these?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For hand held I really like my Mamyia 6, the 50s version, fixed lens, leaf shutter, very light weight. I can also hand hold by Mamyia Univerasal, but the sharpest negatives I gotten is from the 6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I vote for the Fuji GW670 II & GSW690 III!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mamiya 7. Damn fine camera, mind-blowingly good lenses.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would love to say Rolleiflex (which I own, shoot and love), but I would have to second all the Mamiya 6/7 votes. I love the look of Plaubel shots (I saw a Wim Wenders exhibit last year that was shot almost exclusively on the Makina 670 and it was awesome), but I still think the Mamiya 6 is sharper.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Large Format
    The sharpest MF camera i've ever used hand held was the Mamiya 7. That was with the 'normal' lens. Very, very sharp. Visibly sharper than my Pentax 645 negatives (and I think that's pretty sharp)

It's a great camera, if I had money to spend i'd probably buy one.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin