Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,963   Online: 1211

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    So do mine (well, the times are a little bit off)

Hasselblad wrote in their manuals that it is fine to change shutterspeed before or after cocking the shutter. And you can (though it is a bit awkward when the camera is not wound yet).

It however also is true that especially the 1600 F was a delicate machine, and that problems occured also with the shutterspeed setting mechanism.
    But those problems were not 'partial' to certain modes of operation. They would occur anyway, no matter whether you heeded advice not to set shutterspeeds before winding, or not to set speeds counterclockwise, or not.

The Hasselblad 1000 F is less delicate and really does not mind what you do, unless what you do involves a crowbar or sledgehammer.

For Kievs however, the particular advice not to set speeds before cocking the shutter is given so often that it must be true that you should not, or else...
    Folks are generally surprised that my 1600f works at all, and it is not abused but has seen some mileage
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne View Post
    Folks are generally surprised that my 1600f works at all, and it is not abused but has seen some mileage
    People tend to forget that these cameras - though certainly not without problems - were what established the Hasselblad reputation.
    They are Hasselblads: why on earth would they not work after 60 years???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
    You better use the genuine one, the shape of the corners and the curve of the end is very important to not to damage the inner light seal of the film magazine, not to mention the thickness, as bdial did.
    And if you buy an used one, see that is is not bent, it might damage the lever which blocks the latch and the exposure release system.

Good luck with your wonderful 1000F!

Philippe
    Thanks, I'm taking your advice. I have a darkslide on the way. Now maybe I can get a better look inside this thing.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The dark slide arrived today, finally removed the magazine. Now I know why someone posted a warning about being careful with the magazine off, the shutter curtain is right there.:o

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Just buy one from Calumet or B&H. Less than $20, I believe.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can get a rear cover to protect the shutter if you want to leave the magazine off for some reason. Also, it's probably worthwhile to take note of David Odess's warnings about mounting the back. That is, don't snap the back on, but open the latch, seat the back then release the latch. Doing that way avoids stressing the feet that support the bottom of the magazine. See http://www.david-odess.com/faq.html#q16

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads-up, though that's the way I've done it. By the way, Dave is the one I purchased the dark slide from. Very fast ship even with a personal check, he didn't wait for the check to clear or anything. In case anyone is interested, check his site for a good cause raffle he is running wherein you can choose to buy a ticket(s) for either a camera body or lens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin