Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,367   Online: 981

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    "Printing has more to do with determination than magic"
    -Charles Harbutt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kaputnik View Post
    But: "I have tried the trick where you open the shutter to cock the lens through the back, but it's a no go."

The trick with the other screw is explained here (the "hard jamming" bit).
    This works by moving the front key assembly out of the way of the lens, so it can be removed from the camera.
    The front key assembly of course needs to be put back in its proper place. The page suggests counting turns. May work, but as you can imaging, is not very accurate. So try at your own peril.

Also, getting the lens off is one thing. Correcting a possible fault that caused the 'jam' is another thing. Something that this obviously does not do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've gotten some stubborn jams when the lens-to-body mating is a bit loose. A CLA was required for both to reliably kill the problem.

Basically, it was just loose enough to create the half-cocked condition when the male flange didn't properly engage the female slot on the lens. A little bit of play between the two can cause havoc because it will engage then disengage and then engage again, etc., repeat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had the same problem happen while photographing a wedding. Turns out the lens just needed to be tightened more on the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...I managed to get the lens off by really working the inside screw and having another person hit the release and twist the lens at the same time. So, it's off -that's the good news. The bad news is my camera is messed so I'm sending it to Vancam this week for a CLA and repairs if needed 'cause now the camera won't wind and the shutter curtains are sluggish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin