Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,238   Online: 821

View Poll Results: *PLEASE READ POST FIRST* Which camera would you rather use?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mamiya RZ67

11 13.41%
  • Mamiya 7II

52 63.41%
  • Other. (Feel free to suggest anything other than 645.)

19 23.17%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    as suzane and others said already ... it is only u that can choose .. and the thruth is that u should try to look at it in less deterministic way - which one will be better for u, as though there is a predefind hiden ideal that u should find for your self ... the truth is that once u have this or that and u will play seriously, u will start developing further and further , and your camera will play a role in your development and new venture ...

there is also no predefined "correct" camera for "street" photography ... even if i too think that cameras like leica or mamiya7 or even nikon d3 (excuse me apug) are "better / natural / common"...

i have a book of "weimer republic through the lens of press" ... i wil be honest with u, those photographs that most are done with big big cameras are far more superior in terms of their depth and documentary value than 75% of cartier-bresson and capa's fotos with leica cameras and all the legend paradims of reportage and documentary style that came after them and with them ....
    so seriously, if u r serious, u can do street works with 8x10 cameras too ... it is a matter of attitude ... no body said that leica M or nikon d3 is a must ... dont forget that 99% that is photographed with leica and nikon is junk :-) .. not that 8x10 camera on the street will garantee good works, but u know what i mean - it is all a matter of attitude, and where and how u want to develop yourself :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 7 will fit your photography but will it fit your pocket book? As I recall the 43 is a mighty pricey bit.
    RZ & a 50 will cost about what a 7ll body if I 'member rightly. Not often by the way
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have both and love both. I got my RZ about six years ago and then last year got the 7 with the intention of using it as my walk around camera. Since then I have actually brought both with me almost everywhere and I take out of the bag which ever one feels right for the job. I mainly shoot landscapes.

If you mostly do street photography than it has to be the 7 or 7II.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnJazz View Post
    . . . I just don't have a desire for 645. I don't know why. . .
    Well, 645 would be a rational choice. But rationality isn't required when selecting gear. I've even done some street photography with my Crown Graphic. The rangefinder focusing is very accurate!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    The 7 will fit your photography but will it fit your pocket book? As I recall the 43 is a mighty pricey bit.
    RZ & a 50 will cost about what a 7ll body if I 'member rightly. Not often by the way
    After-school jobs = bliss.

Shooter
    35mm
    I was suprised nobody had mentioned the C330, but now they have i'd just like to add my support. For street photography, a TLR should be just right, you can shoot from the hip and far fewer people will fret or denounce you as a terrorist.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 7 is a beautiful camera, but not without limitation, which I find to be the slow lenses, f4.5 on the 80mm.

Another thing I find with it is that the shutter is so unsatisfying in feel and sound. This may sound like a nitpick but it's so plastic feeling. The shutter also seems to be very hair-trigger sometimes...

Pluses are the lens quality, light-weight, perfect for travel, built-in meter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your poll and your first posted message ask two different questions.
    Your poll asks which of the two cameras (RZ67 or 7ii) would I choose.
    Your first posted message asks which of the two cameras (RZ67 with 50mm lens or 7ii with 43mm lens) should you choose for street shooting.

In answer to your two questions:
    1. I would choose the RZ67 because it is better suited for what I need—shooting a variety of subjects such as portraits, weddings, still-lifes, architectural, landscapes, close-ups, and macros.
    2. I recommend that you choose the 7ii because its smaller size, lighter weight, and quieter shutter make it a better choice for street shooting.

By the way, I cast my vote for "other."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For most street work a 7II is better. There is a way to shot street w/ a tank and that is to park yourself with a good vantage point of an interesting area (Think stage) and shoot as the world enters and exits. It is pretty obvious that HCB did this for a lot of his shots.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have an RB 67 I have had for many years, recently I have started using it more (ignored for much too long). I had only the 127 lens. I have always liked the portraits from this set up. Recently with the low prices on the bay I have added 2 more bodies and lenses from 50 mm to 360 mm, for what I consider dirt cheap prices. I am impressed with results "in the street" with the 50 mm and the 127.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin