Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,537   Posts: 1,572,749   Online: 791

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bronica 120J Back SQ-A

I've been thinking just to spice things up a bit should I get a 6x4.5 back, square is fun but just to have a change a little once in a while.

Does anyone on here own a Bronica SQ-A 120J back to say what they think of it. Also because of the "cropped" would it make sense to make a DIY mask to drop on top of the screen? Just an idea

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a couple for a while. Put a roll of film in then then never used them. Only reason to would be to get more frames on a roll. You definitely want to mark the screen for them.
    Gary Beasley

Images
    I have a 120J back but honestly don't use it that often. Mainly use it if I shoot color print film, that way I get nice 4x5 prints back. I did make a mask out of a colored Wratten filter that I drop on the ground glass. Works fine. It is nice to have the option of shooting square or rectangle without cropping the square image. I just naturally composed to what I see in the viewfinder, so find it easier to have the 2 backs. Plus you get the extra 3 shots on a roll from the 6x4.5 back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have the 220 back for my SQ-Ai for 645. It's a good option to have, although usually I use MF to shoot square.

If you like that format/ratio, it definitely makes a difference having a larger neg...although TMax films are amazingly fine grained in 35mm.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin