Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,110   Online: 1033

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Q.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    The 2000-series mirror-program options are:
    - Mirror lock up (in this mode, the mirror goes up and stays up, until you select a different mode)
    we are starting to become a bit nitpicking here but that's part of the fun :

In this mode the mirror is not staying up when you wind on. It's not behaving like any camera with a true lockup where the mirror stays out of the mirror-box during operation (eg. single digit F-Nikons). It goes half way down and flips up again (as does the 500 EL-series in AS btw.). I know you have a 2000. Take it out, try it and you'll see!

best

Stefanm (aka Kwafump on hassi-foto.de)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde View Post
    we are starting to become a bit nitpicking here but that's part of the fun :

In this mode the mirror is not staying up when you wind on. It's not behaving like any camera with a true lockup where the mirror stays out of the mirror-box during operation (eg. single digit F-Nikons). It goes half way down and flips up again (as does the 500 EL-series in AS btw.). I know you have a 2000. Take it out, try it and you'll see!
    Hallo Stefan!

So let's continue the fun!

You are utterly and completely wrong.
    The mirror does stay up when you wind on.
    It is behaving like any camera with true lock up (in fact, it is one of the few that offers true lock up), staying out of the mirror box. Not moving at all, in fact.
    It does not go half down to flip up again (in the ELs, by the way, it comes down completely before flipping up again).

If you have 2000-series cameras, i suggest you try them , and if they indeed behave like you describe, i suggest you take them to Ulrich in a hurry and have'm fixed!
    (Seriously!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    You are utterly and completely wrong.
    You are right. I am wrong. You never disappoint me in this regard. How could I forget that? The 500 El's mirror is prefering whereas the 2000 has a true lockup.

Stefan [Taking note to self, not to trust memories without double checking]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin