Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,167   Online: 808

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

hasselblad's mirror problems

Hello Guys,

My stupid hasselblad's mirror won't come back down to its position after arming!!! (to reflect the image in the visor ) Somehow there is a delay between the action of arming and the movement of the mirror! (the mirror comes down halfway and then goes back up !! )

Does anyone know how to fix it??

Thanks,

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I guess you should find a Hasselblad authorized repair shop to give you a CLA. I wouldn't touch it if I were you.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Other question, my lens is out from the body but the shutter is close! To put it back on the body the shutter needs to be open, how can i open it ??

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Find the little metallic knob on the back of the lens (which would be out of alignment with a red dot) and wind it around with a coin until it clicks into place.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hasselblad's can sometimes be tricky. I was taught by someone who made his living with one for many years to ALWAYS keep the camera cocked and ready. It was designed to work that way. Some models have interlocks to prevent dismounting a lens unless the system is charged. What did you do?
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Arigram (I saw that you also hed the problem by searching the net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentM View Post
    My stupid hasselblad's mirror won't come back down to its position after arming!
    With some models this is easily fixed or to put it another way: It may work as designed and all you have to do ist to change the mode of operation. What kind of Hasselblad are we talking about?

best

Stefan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    501CM.. what do you mean by " change the mode of operation" ??
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentM View Post
    501CM.. what do you mean by " change the mode of operation" ??
    With the 2000 f/fcm/fcw you can remove the crank, pull out the shaft and turn it a bit to set the camera into three different modes of opration: Instant-return mirror, non-returning mirror (500-mode) and mirror-prefire. The latter would behave as you describe. Same is true for a 500 EL/M/X and ancessors when set to "AS" but this is much harder to miss.

I'm sorry that I can't offer a comparably easy fix for your 501CM but I thought it was worth asking.

Stefan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde View Post
    With the 2000 f/fcm/fcw you can remove the crank, pull out the shaft and turn it a bit to set the camera into three different modes of opration: Instant-return mirror, non-returning mirror (500-mode) and mirror-prefire. The latter would behave as you describe. Same is true for a 500 EL/M/X and ancessors when set to "AS" but this is much harder to miss.
    That's not quite right.
    Pre-release (pre-fire) is not one of the mirror-program options. It's always available through the button below the wind crank.

The 2000-series mirror-program options are:
    - Mirror lock up (in this mode, the mirror goes up and stays up, until you select a different mode)
    - Return after winding (the same as how the mirror behaves in 500-series cameras)
    - Instant return.

The mirror being slow to come down, then only coming down half way and instantly flipping up again is not like anything any Hasselblad camera should do.

So Vincent,

Your description of how your camera behaves sounds very much like that of a camera that needs a full service, perhaps even a repair.
    Sorry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin