Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,551   Posts: 1,544,899   Online: 931

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

RB 67 -pro-S-SD/RZ:Get it right!

Ok help me here,

Which lenses fit which body on the RB and which on the RZ and which on both or all if any? Recent threads have left me a little confused....

Thanks as always to the APUG body of wisdom and knowledge.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As far as the rb goes, all of the RB lenses will mount on the RB bodies except the 75mm shift lens and the 500mm telephoto, those only will mount to the RB Pro-SD.
    Last edited by djhopscotch; 09-04-2008 at 01:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The older Sekor and Sekor-C lens require an adapter for proper coupling on the RB67-SD body, as it has a larger opening to accommodate the mention 500mm and 70mm shift lens. From my understanding most if not all RB Lens will work on the RZ bodies.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dave, I really don't want to add to your confusion, but there was a 500mm lens for the older (relative term) Pro-S and plain RB67. I know, I have one and it works on my Pro-S just fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Dave, I really don't want to add to your confusion, but there was a 500mm lens for the older (relative term) Pro-S and plain RB67. I know, I have one and it works on my Pro-S just fine.
    According to the Mamiya site, the 500mm Apo will only mount to the Pro-SD, the 500mm F8 will work with the Pro-S. I wasn't aware that the made a 500mm F8 until i looked it up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Indeed because of wider throats, there are some compatibility issues with the newer rb lenses (for the pro SD) and the previous rbs. Not to fear, just pick up a pro sd if you need, they are dirt cheap!

As far as I know, all rb lenses go onto the rz, but none of the rz lenses go on any of the rbs. If you look at the rear or an rz lens and the receiving end of the rb, you will immediately see why. It's deliberately blocked even though the mount mechanics are basically identical. I guess this is to protect the rz contacts.

Now, technically, it may be possible to amend an rz lens to go on an rb, but generally, those of us who do cross mount these systems are putting the less expensive (but ~equally good) newer rb lenses on the rz... and not vice versa. To put it another way, if you can afford rz lenses then you can afford an rz body! Right now I am not affording rz lenses except the 100/2.8 and the short barrels....
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The RZ has the same size opening as the Pro SD, so the same adapters work with the RZ that work with the Pro SD. I have used RB lenses on an RZ without using an adapter, and didn't have any problems, but I later started using an adapter when using RB lenses.

The K/L lenses all came with adapters when they were new. Some people buy used K/L lenses with adapters already on them and don't realize it, so they wrongly assume that K/L lenses don't need adapters and/or won't fit on pre-SD RBs.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin