Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,383   Online: 1027

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I had this problem, before I did anything drastic, I'd shoot a fresh in date roll of film ,and get it processed at another lab.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-06-2008 at 05:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Benjiboy. From what I know of SQ cameras theres not anything to make a vignette in that orientation. It looks more like a processing issue. It may have been the result of problems the lab was having getting decent prints from the old film.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I vote for a processing or scanning issue. It's too even and regular to be a light leak at the edge of the film, such as you'd see from a not-tightly-enough-wound film spool; those are more irregular.

You can also see this with certain film scanners along the edges of the film; i've never understood if fully but it has something to do with the way the light source is reflected back or otherwise distorted. Especially visible when there are large expanses of even, lighter tone such as sky.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

KPT
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I had the same issue once with a roll of 120. My issue was that i put the roll upside down in the tank and that caused the reel to be 1/4 above the developer and gave my that dark band through the entire roll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6677.jpg  
    Last edited by KPT; 09-06-2008 at 11:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As an SQ-A owner, I concur with benjiboy, glbeas and MikeSeb. The mirror/light baffle travels vertically, so unless you took these shots with the camera laying on its side, that couldn't produce that shadow. Light leaks produce lighter areas, not darker, in the final positive image.

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KPT View Post
    I had the same issue once with a roll of 120. My issue was that i put the roll upside down in the tank and that caused the reel to be 1/4 above the developer and gave my that dark band through the entire roll.
    I did the same thing with the second roll through my SQAi. I was mighty pee'd off at myself because I got some really nice fog shots on that roll: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...etPierR2-1.jpg

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You aren't, by any chance, using a lens shade are you?

If so, is it the right one?

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use standard square lens shade which came with the lens.
    but I don't put it on most of the time, so there isn't a difference between the shots with/or without shade

I have one roll of Delta 400 undeveloped, and if this roll will not have the same defect - it's a lab issue

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would take the back and the lens off of the body and flip the mirror lock up then look through the body. There may be something protruding from the side of the body. In my sq-a there is foam lining the body. Its a possibility some of the foam is coming unstuck in your camera. Also Look at the back without the insert or dark slide in to see if there is something where the dark slide goes. I had a back that had some paper wedged in there from a previous owner, how it got there I have no idea.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    A roll taken from the freezer and exposed before it is allowed to reach ambient temperature will look very similar after it is developed (this happened to me and it didn't seem to be a condensation problem). I would guess that the other extreme would do the same - exposure during excessive high temperature conditions. The problem is with the temperature differential, or gradient, across the film. This is my best guess.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin