Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,960   Online: 962

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rolleicord II Mirror

I just purchased a Rolleicord II model 5, and the mirror is in a degraded condition, and I need to replace it with a first surface mirror.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the mirror in mm ?

I could take it out and measure it but I dont want to risk breaking it before I have a replacement.

I did find an online company for a replacement. Anyone ever use them?

http://www.firstsurfacemirrors.com/a...acemirrors.htm

Thanks.

Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a far better source (in the US) of the correct Mirrors, and they are very inexpensive. Try searching APUG there was a thread a few months ago. Someone else may have saved the link.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Two thoughts.... One is ebay, I see mirrors on there all the time. Two is DIY plating, there are more than a few telescope makers out there that make their own mirrors. Find one or two and ask if they will replate the mirror that you have.

These mirrors have little variation between models, so just about any mirror made for a Rollei should work. The most you should need to do is change the focus point of the mirror, or maybe change the focus of the viewing lens. Neither one is very difficult. Or send it to one of the often mentioned repair places for a CLA and let them deal with the mirror replacement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try this place. Don't mess about using the wrong materials. I said search APUG

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    thanks I will give them a shot. I notice the camera's listed are for newer models. I will measure mine to see if it fits..

Thanks for the link. I will let you know how it works. $15 is a good price.

Greg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rolleicord II Model 5 (i think) Mirror dimension

Rolleicord II mirror dimension:

2.0625 inches Top
    1.03125 inches Bottom
    2.34375 inches length

.0625 inch thickness

or

52.3875 mm Top
    26.19375 mm Bottom
    59.53125 mm Length

1.5875 mm thickness

give or take a couple of "hairs"
    Last edited by Greg Heath; 09-06-2008 at 11:17 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: adding mirror photo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Save yourself some time and money and head down to your local thrift shop and pick up one of those old cheap Polaroid cameras that have a first surface mirror built into it's interior. Carefully take apart the camera and remove the mirror that is held in place by a couple plastic clips. It should slip directly into the Rolleicord without having to modify the camera or mirror in anyway. I've done this now with several different models of TLR's and have never had any problems or need to readjust the focus point or viewing lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin