Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,104   Online: 1119

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bay I to Bay II adapter?

I've been looking for a bay II Rollei Infrarot filter (lens) for some time now, with no luck whatsoever. Now I see an auction for a Bay I filter, and I'm thinking this could be my only opportunity to pick one up.

My question is, is there a Bay I to Bay II adapter available? I don't know how much smaller Bay I is, but I'm wondering if there would be significant vignetting if it is too small.

Any opinions?

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rollei bay II filters are hard to get ; but they are avalaible (new) from B+W or Heliopan .
    You can also find an adapter ring here :
    http://www.camera-depot.com/TLR.htm

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    The original poster has a camera with Bayonet II, and wants a Rollei Infrarot filter (that automatically compensates for the focus shift with IR-film). There are Bay II Rollei Infrarot filters out there, so keep searching. A new B+W or Heliopan filter is an option, but then you would need to use the trial and error method to learn how much you need to compensate for the focus shift manually.

I've never heard of a "step down" Bay I to II adapter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What about a Bay II to 46mm or 49mm?

I have a Bay I to 46mm which I use with a polariser.

EDIT: I see that's what Andy38 suggested.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I'm looking for a genuine Infrarot, which as JPD has said, compensates for the IR focus shift. I think I will just have to be patient and be ready when an appropriate filter becomes available. I see that the Bay I Infrarot on ebay yesterday went for $66, which seems fairly reasonable. Up to now, I have been using the very scientific process of holding an R-72 in front of my taking lens, which I've only screwed up once in about a half-dozen rolls.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I've been looking for a bay II Rollei Infrarot filter (lens) for some time now, with no luck whatsoever. Now I see an auction for a Bay I filter, and I'm thinking this could be my only opportunity to pick one up.

My question is, is there a Bay I to Bay II adapter available? I don't know how much smaller Bay I is, but I'm wondering if there would be significant vignetting if it is too small.

Any opinions?

Cheers,
    I'd pick up the Bay I filter. Good excuse to go ahead and get a 'spare' camera with a Bay I lens (Yashica, Rolleicord, Rollei-T, older Rolleiflex etc.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin