Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,612   Online: 689

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mamiya Lenses

GDI

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I have no problem using the 43mm and finder. And the finder has a built in bubble level, that works very well. But here is a shot that was level with the ground, but not the subject ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have different mediumformat cameras - hasselblad mamiya RZ (and Rolleiflex 6008...not to be used in this opinion of mine - since i have used it too little to compare to the others)

But I have both CF lenses for the HB 503 and the RZ lensen for the Mamiya - most interesting focallength is the CF180 vs RZ180 as I do portraits, and I can clearly state that for sharpness and rendition the RZ clearly wins

I have also the CF 50 and CF60 and compare these two to the RZ 65LA (floating element lens) - again the RZ wins in sharpess and contrast

However - I use my Hasselblad 90 % of the time - why ? Well it´s simply a joy to work with, sturdy workhorse, a better streetcamera.....

In studio - the Mamiya wins clearly.

This is just my opinion - and no MFT charts were used .....only first hand experience with these....

So it actually sums up to what kindda photography you do most. For studiowork, Mamiya is simply a beast...... for Streetphotography Mamiya is a pain in the neck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    some equiv FLs mentioned here were wrong I think. The Mamiya 7 50mm is equiv to about 25mm on 35mm, not 35mm.

Mamiya 7 lenses might not be cheap, but the wides are still half the price of Hasselblad wides. My Mamiya 7 wides produce astoundingly sharp images and they are not that big either. Its a super camera the Mamiya 7 even if the RF645 whips it in terms of handling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin