Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,144   Online: 1074

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like I said, wanna be hipsters who want to attach themselves to something cool. (Analog music, photography, whatever.)

I was saying that analog was cool, not the customers ;-)

But... Some tiny percentage of those people (often teenagers) will find themselves falling in love with a medium that will stay with them for life.

Honestly, I'm a grown-up, dedicated amateur with a reasonable grasp of photography. And I don't shop at Freestyle. If I was a clueless 18-year-old (which I was once) I wouldn't even know where to start. UO might be the only chance I have to randomly stumble across rolls of medium format film.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    Pikto is that gallery/photo store in the old brewery district, right? The prices for a Holga there are insane.
    Yup. (Distillery District actually, for anyone out there who might be googling it or asking directions.)

Anyone with a suggestion for a place to buy a Holga in Toronto for less than UO?
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You guys haven't been to a CVS and paid $7 for a single roll of kodak super de-duper 800 speed which was probably baked in the delivery truck and 2 days before expiration date.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by filmamigo View Post
    Anyone with a suggestion for a place to buy a Holga in Toronto for less than UO?
    eBay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There's a guy down in Watertown New York that sells Holgas and holga mods, but I forget the exact url of his site. Going to cost you about $30 for a new one from him unless prices went up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    Standard Holga is $27.99 at Freestyle. Not much more than $25 and about 1/3 what that Urban Outfitters place is asking.
    wow,
    i got mine a few years ago at sbi / hunt photo near me
    they charged me a small fortune ...
    i wish i had shopped around, even with overnight shipping
    it would have been cheeper than what i paid

i can't comment on the cost of film though,
    i get all mine 2nd hand from friends ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting - In the UK, in Birmingham, there is an Urban Outfitters, and I noticed a few months back that they to have the Holgas, etc. Plus also a plastic fish eye camera which takes 135 film.

Matt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin