Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,338   Online: 998

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    A Rapid-Omega 200 (the more desirable model) just went for under $200 on eBay. I don't understand why more people aren't clamoring for the Koni-Omega cameras and lenses. They're inexpensive, excellent and built like tanks. The viewfinder is bright too, and film flatness is likewise excellent.

Konis are great but the backs usually need a CLA for them to work properly. When the backs screw up you end up not being able to get 10 shots on a roll or you have overlapping frames. Unless you bought it from someone who already had the back CLAed- in which case it's not under $200.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    Konis are great but the backs usually need a CLA for them to work properly. When the backs screw up you end up not being able to get 10 shots on a roll or you have overlapping frames. Unless you bought it from someone who already had the back CLAed- in which case it's not under $200.
    I have three backs, and I've never had that problem. And a CLA is not that expensive. It would probably not be a bad idea to let Greg Weber look over a camera or back anyway. I did just get a back serviced, for other reasons than frame spacing problems, and while he had it Greg did lube the clutch, which is where the problems arise if there are going to be any problems. The original lubricant was whale oil, and after all these years, it's not surprising that the lubricant needs to be replaced.
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin