Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,134   Online: 1118

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I agree with that advice too.

BTW a 210mm G-Claron on 5x4 is more like using a 110mm-120mm on a Bronica or other 6x6, a 270mm-300mm on a 5x4 is a closer equivalent to the Bronica's 150mm.

Ian
    Thanks Ian, I just traded my 35 gear on a Bronica SQA-i so that info is quite useful to me. I got a 110macro with it (and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, this weekend hopefully). I guess I'll be familar with the focal length, which should allow me to concentrate on getting used to that square format! All the best. Shawn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good portrait lens, but needs an extension tube for tight framing. Otherwise, the minimum focus distance is 1.5m, IIRC. I like to shoot portraits at 1m.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the advice guys. I guess I'll have to try and find somewhere which has some cheap as in the UK the price of photo stuff is a joke!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just find an APUG member near you, who uses MF equipment. I'm back in 12 days but don't use a long lens on MF only a WA. But others are around, I'm sure someone would let you try a lens.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can search via Area on here??

Or I could go into the LCE near me as they have a lens in there which I guess I could try out (it's only a S one but it's something like £329!!!)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryrig View Post
    Can search via Area on here??

Or I could go into the LCE near me as they have a lens in there which I guess I could try out (it's only a S one but it's something like £329!!!)
    That is too much for a SQ 150, try KEH.com, 150s are common and inexpensive. Make sure you look at the specs for the 180mm as well, it focuses closer and has a bit more magnification/narrower angle of view - but it is a lot less common and usualy more expensive so if the 150 will do stay with that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    KEH.com is based in the USA thou which means import tax could be quite a lot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tax works out at about 21% on cameras & lenses from the US to the UK, but not every parcel is checked and I've only paid tax once on a lens, and I've bought quite a few.

Yes you can search the Members list, putting Gloucester in the Location finds 10 members

Ian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin