Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,926   Online: 790

Shooter
    Medium Format

MY HASSELBLAD IS JAMMED! HELP!

the whole system is frozen. i rented this camera from school and i have no idea about its history.

i was shooting and instead of pressing the trigger i touched the larger crank and the whole thing froze up. i cant remove the lens or magazine. the ground glass is blank, the crank wont turn, the trigger is frozen. everything is frozen.

HELP! I HAVE TO SHOOT TONIGHT FOR AN ASSIGNMENT!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We will get to it dear Elizabeth.
    I am not sure if I can help you as I am holding one at the moment trying to recreate your jam, but can't see how it could happen.
    If the lens is cocked, the shutter should go off, unless the darkslide is in.
    If you had the mirror release button pressed, the shutter would still go off.
    I am not sure if the film could jam in a way to prevent the gears of the back in freeing the shutter.
    Hmmmm...
    You said you can't remove the magazine even with the darkslide in?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Simplest thing first:
    Set the little lever that is around the shutter release button to "O".

Next up:
    Remove the dark slide from the magazine, and press the shutter release button.

If that doesn't help, press the pre release below the wind crank (up), and press the release button.

If still no luck, insert the darkslide (getting it all the way in may be a bit hard), remove the magazine, and look through the rear shutter.
    If the rear shutter doors are still closed, push the bottom one in (it hinges at the bottom. Will not do any harm).
    You will see a small light greyish screw sitting below the lens. Using a small screw drive, gently try to turn it clockwise.
    At this stage, still only prodding the screw, not really turning it, you may already hear a click, and the camera will be 'free' again. (You then still have to complete the cycle: press the release button - usually does nothing - let it go again, and wind the camera usingthe wind crank).
    If it does not go click immediately, proceed to turn the screw clockwise until it locks. You're turning against the tension of the various springs powering the camera, so it will be a bit hard to turn the screw. Yet no real great force is needed, so if it doesn't go, do not attempt to use great force anyway!!!
    If the screw truns, you will notice that the shutter will open too.
    After that, after the screw has locked, take out the screwdriver, and release and wind the camera. If it locks up again, same procedure, but take the lens off after the screw has locked. You can then try the camera alone. If it still jams, you are out of luck: no more photography until the camera is seen too. So no assigned shot using that camera tonight.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Which model are you using?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    push the button center of the crank...than cycle the crank.
    Robland - Seattle area

Insert "catch phrase" here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, tell us what the problem was, Elisabeth; we're all curious.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin